Bedrest Support Group

Bedrest as a medical treatment refers to staying in bed day and night as a treatment for an illness or medical condition. Prolonged bedrest carries some medical risks such as demineralization of the bones and atrophy of the muscles, as well as economic and social costs. Bedrest more often refers to an extended period of recumbence at home.

0 Online
  • deleted_user

What do you do for bedsores?

I had an elderly friend who was in bed long enough that bedsores became a problem. Anyone have any advice for what works to either keep from getting bedsores, or to heal them once you have them?
  • sad54564

backpain after accident

One day while I was out driving, a truck hit me. I had to undergo three operations including brain surgery and spinal cord. I am on bed rest now. I have already filed a case against the driver and hired a car accident lawyer. ( https://www.campisilaw.ca/car-accident-lawyers/ ). Doctor says that I might find it difficult to walk properly because of the spinal cord injury. I have heard ayurvedic,...
  • drougn

Dream Interpretation

Im Pretty good at dream interpretation and im looking to get better, it sucks that im not an expert or anything. But i am learning and getting better, If you feel comfortable enough to tell me one of your dreams message me friend me what ever I can tell you what i think somethings mean maybe more and if it sounds good to you then thats good, but if not dont take it seriously.p.s. i really enjoy...
  • deleted_user

Bed Rest News Article

Check out my interview with the Ventura County Star newspaper about pregnancy bed rest: http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/mar/26/agoura-hills-woman-forms-online-group-of-mothers/You can also check out my blog: http://broadwaybabies.wordpress.com/Jessica
  • deleted_user

Bed Rest blog

I just joined this support group and wanted to share my blog with you. I was recently placed on bed rest due to complications with my pregnancy. I started having signs of pre-term labor with my twins at 19 weeks so now I am in the hospital for the next four months. If you are in a similar situation, I hope that my blog can offer support so please become a follower if you are...
  • deleted_user

Hate it ...

So I've been on bedrest since May 2011 due to a wound on my back( I can barely sit in a chair) and I can't take it anymore.My mom keeps telling me to stay positive but It's hard.I can't sit in chairs,go to school,see friends...NOTHING :(
  • deleted_user

Guilty Mom

OK, This is my first time on this site. I was hoping to find other moms surviving bedrest, but I haven't noticed much activity. Anyways, here goes. Not only does bedrest remove the mom-to-be from the rest of the world, but it limits interactions within the walls of her own home. I am currently on bedrest with my second pregnancy. It is killing me to not hold my two-year-old. I want so badly to...
  • deleted_user

Care Package for someone on bed rest?

My loving boyfriend of four months is on best rest for an entire month!He is a quadriplegic, and he has a sizely pressure ulcer on his rear. I would like to get together a care package for him, to entertain him, and to make him smile. He is missing out on the nicest days of the season, and is missing deer hunting season all together and that is something he LOVES. I feel horrible and plan to...
  • deleted_user

Pregnancy Bed Rest

I am currently on hospital bed rest with twins and I am 26 weeks. Read about my experience on my blog: http://broadwaybabies.wordpress.com/
  • grammydebest

wish this group was more active

i spend so much time sedate that i wish more who were like me would come here to talk about it. it is hard to not be as active as i once was. i miss doing things i will never be able to do again and not many people can understand this except others who for whatever reason are stuck in bed, or sitting or a combination of whatever sedate! where are you all!!!!
  • deleted_user

Just placed on bed rest...

Hi,My name is Jenn, and I was just placed on bed rest. I am seven weeks pregnant and already having major complications. My last pregnancy ended in a stillbirth. So, I am super nervous about this one. I hate that I am already having so many issues and on bed rest. It's scary!
  • deleted_user

hello, introduction

HI! My name is Jen. I was placed on bedrest yestruday for the duration of my pregnancy. I am due December 23rd with my 3rd child. I have 2 boys, 4 yrs and 1 1/2 yr old. I am due with another boy. I went into premature labor with my last son and have had complications and preterm labor with this one too. I am not ready for waiting this long while laying in bed! I will do whatever it takes to make...
  • deleted_user

so frustrated

I 34 weeks pregnant and have been on bed rest for about 6 weeks now due to pre-term labor contractions. It is really begginning to take a toll on my mental health and my marriage.The last week has been very difficult. My husband works alot at a stressful job and is only getting more and more frustrated with me. I am demanding and he feels like I don't appreciate everything he is doing. I do...
  • deleted_user

Hello!

Hi! I'm new here- is anyone on today?
  • deleted_user

New here!

Hi all! Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Stacy. I'm actually not on bedrest yet...it's coming though. I spent 18 weeks on very strict BR with my son due to IC caught late. This time we're doing a cerclage earlier (this thursday) and am 13 weeks prego. Doc is not very optimistic that I won't be placed on bedrest and possibly sooner than later since at week 11 he noticed cervix change. ...