Beating Trich Community Group
You mean that there is a name for IT? Im not weird? Trichotillomania, that big, long word that is the bane of our world. With knowledge and support of others we CAN break free and live without this disorder interfering with our lives. Lets keep this uplifting and supportive and give each other the encouragement the other needs to make it to that next day.
ChaiTeaLady
I've been pull-free since November 2014. I shaved my head because the pulling got so bad that I could not stop. The damage I've done to my head seems irreparable. I have a bald spot on the top of my head and though the hair is growing back, it's way thin. It looks horrible. I bought a wig last month because I'm so ashamed and embarrassed. I have been suffering from Trich for about 13 years or so.
I have vowed to never pull my hair out again and this time I know I won't. Once you know you're done, then it's finished. It is very freeing. I've been taking Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamins and also been putting Thyme and Rosemary essential oils on the spot on my head that is thin is hopes of stimulating some new growth. All I can do is be patient is see if it eventually fills back in. If not, I guess I'll do the Donald Trump comb over ;)
Thanks for letting me join this group.
I have vowed to never pull my hair out again and this time I know I won't. Once you know you're done, then it's finished. It is very freeing. I've been taking Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamins and also been putting Thyme and Rosemary essential oils on the spot on my head that is thin is hopes of stimulating some new growth. All I can do is be patient is see if it eventually fills back in. If not, I guess I'll do the Donald Trump comb over ;)
Thanks for letting me join this group.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Hello- I am new to the group
-
My therapist really knocked some sense into me last Friday about my spending. She said that there are needs and there are wants. She said that there is always going to be cheap stuff to buy, but do I need it? The answer is mostly "no". So today, I am taking back some things that I bought online at Kohl's, namely a 9 x 12 rug and a quilt for my bed. I also bought sheets that I don't need...
Welcome to the group !
Great that you have come to the decision on not to pull again.. joining this group has always helped me through my pull free periods.. we all have our up and down days.. but its great to know that we are not alone. This is a great space for sharing your daily achievements or struggles with those who understand.
You're right about taking the first step!
Hurrah!
I would change the title of this to Chai's Pull Free-a-Thon, but I'm not sure how?
(Also, I don't think it's possible to change the name of your thread, sorry!)
It's been 4 months since I've pulled! My hair is growing back pretty good. I actually dyed it today and it looks better. I don't feel any urges to pull.
Keep it up!
I don't think it is possible to change the name of your thread, but yours is very welcoming, and we learn who is who pretty quickly. Welcome to the group. Being here has helped me immensely. I created a Discussion to share what I have learned in the process. I will bump it for you.
Congrats on shaving your head and the pull free time. I'd like to echo Manda's comments. Slips are a part of most people's journeys. So if you do happen to have a slip, please don't beat yourself up. I think that success is how quickly you bounce back after each slip.