Angina Support Group

Angina pectoris is chest pain due to ischemia (a lack of blood and hence oxygen supply) to the heart muscle, generally due to obstruction or spasm of the coronary arteries (the heart's blood vessels). Coronary artery disease, the main cause of angina, is due to atherosclerosis of the cardiac arteries.

0 Online
  • ruthgrps

Results tomorrow

Tomorrow we get my echocardiogram and exercise test results.  I am a bit concerned about the results as I get chest pain, palpatations, some of which are very irregular, I have left sided ventricular impairment, I get a bit breathless on times, so wish me luck for tomorrow.
  • Riconel

Angina and Heart failure

Hi, I'm new here. Please asist me with surport and advice. I have not been diagnosed with Angina but I have suffered severe heart failure. Well! I have seen my doctor in regards to night breathing problem and I was sent to the hospital were they discovered that I had an heart failure. I'm out of hospital but I don't feel well at all. I dont understand why my eyesight has become effected by this.
  • Logold5

Unstable angina. Help!

Hi. I have lupus and started having angina in November. Cath showed blockage to small to stent. Dr. Appt says lupus affects microvascular system. So may not know see how extensive the problem is even with cath. On meds since November that we have adjusted 3x. 2 ER visits, and one admission since November. Sitting here with angina right now despite meds. Does unstable angina ever become...
  • ruthgrps

Has anyone had this?

I dont quite know where to post this but I think here might be the right place.  I've been grocery shopping with my daughter, when we were going round I noticed my fingers going quite red, didnt think much of it as I have Raynauds Disease.  But when we were going through the tills, I started to go a redy/purpley colour in my face and on my ears. I didnt feel like I was having a hot flush, but I...
  • ruthgrps

Other symptoms - advice needed

My dad and daughter had dilated cardiac myopathy I have left ventriclar impairment, I have started getting new symptoms, I have been getting chest pain on exercise - obviously angina, I have started sweating profusely when doing jobs, just like my dad, I get skipped beats, and I have a loud heart murmur, and also I sometimes look rather pale (not anaemic) should I see my cardiologist sooner than...
  • ruthgrps

Advice needed.

I have had a small amount of chest pain this morning, whilst doing a exercise dvd, the pain was central chest, has anybody gone on to have a major attack, I am under a cardiologist but not due to see him for another year, should I mention it to the gp.
  • deleted_user

Angina?

I'm a 33-year-old male.Well since April 2012 I have been getting regular chest pressure in the middle of my breastbone area, and it kind of radiates outward. In other words, I can feel that it's more tender when I run my finger down the center of the breastbone.I thought this was heartburn and went on prilosec for months and worked out--nothing changed. The pain feels achy, like there is...
  • cdnth

Confused about my condition....

I have been told by 3 doctors in Thailand I don't have stable angina...But I'm not sure.- I'm a 46 years old male.- 120/75 pulse- 99% oxygen- Normal ECG- Normal Blood works for Cholesterol ect....- No smoke- Drink Very little- Slightly overweight at 82 kilos and 169 cm- Have pretty bad anxiety- Have intermittent GERDNow sometimes, I walk 3 feet and get chest pains...or one flight of stairs, or...
  • bearbo

Unstable angina?

Hi guys, I would appreciate any advice about my Mum. She has been experiencing chest pain at rest for the last few months now, every couple of weeks. She is in her seventies, previously diagnosed with left bundle branch block. G.P. ordered a blood test and ECG which was arranged for a week after her appointment with him. No physical assessment was done on her at the surgery or elsewhere. She was...
  • deleted_user

Anyone familiar with Prinzmetals Angina?

That's the type I have. My mom had Angina Pectoris. Mine isn't based upon arteries being clogged or damaged. When a prinzmetals angina attack happens, something causes your arteries to constrict themselves closing up and not allowing blood flow. From my left Elbow across my chest to my right Elbow I have no strength. I take 2 nitro pills under my tongue immediately, and if in 5 minutes not...
  • pabbiel

How often and how long does your pain last?

Hi, I just wondered how frequently you get pain and how long does it last? I saw a cardiologist this week and that is what he asked me, when I told him he said is is not angina but would just be pain from fibromyalgia. He did not ask where the pain was or if there was any triggers. It does not feel anything like usual fibromyalgia pain. So please can anyone explain how are you effected by angina...
  • deleted_user

Prinzmetal Angina

I found this group today and thought that I MIGHT find some others who have been diagnosed with this. According to my cardio, it isn't all that common and there really isn't a lot of information out there. Apparently, having this diagnosis is both a fortunate and unfortunate thing. Fortunate I have a name and can add/adjust my meds accordingly when an attack shows its face, and unfortunate...
  • mehrozkhan

Please help!!

My Angio graphy Results: RCA mid 30-40% RPDA 100% LCX 70% OM1 99% LAD PROX 80% MID 70%-80% DIAG 1 90% Doctor Advised: CABG - bypass surgery Need your suggestionsShould I go with that? or Is there any alternative?Thanks
  • deleted_user

Bisoprololl Tablets??

Does anyone here take Bisoprolol Tablets for chest pains? I am only taking 1.25mg the Dr increased them to 2.5mg and it gave my a bad migraine as well as horrible dreams and light headed!!Thanks
  • deleted_user

CTA or MRA?

http://okxray.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=60Who has gotten these procedures? I know my doctor would laugh me out of the office if I asked for an angiogram. But I should at least get some kind of screening of my heart/arteries.