Androgenic Alopecia Support Group

Androgenic alopecia (also known as androgenetic alopecia or alopecia androgenetica) is a common form of hair loss in both men and women. The pattern of hair loss in women differs from male-pattern baldness. In women, the hair becomes thinner all over the head, and the hairline does not recede. Androgenetic alopecia in women rarely leads to total baldness.

0 Online
  • romeo55

New to group. Diagnosed couple weeks ago.

Hi everyone. Age 55.  Thought I saw thinning hair about 4 monthes ago. Everyone said they could not notice anything, til finally a friend said send me some pics and told me she saw my scalp and to seek help. I started hormone replacment therapy for menopause about a month after I saw hair thinning and since then it seemed to accelerate. The Dr said its " an easy fix" same thung happened to his...
  • rmiller711

New and need advice!

Hi!This is my first time joining a support group! I am hoping to connect with others who have dealt with the same things. I was diagnosed this week with androgenic alopecia. The first doctor told me that my seb derm was causing the hair loss, but I did not think that was right. When I went to another doctor for a second opinion, they changed my diagnosis. I am just turning 30, so hair loss is not...
  • 12mk

does prp work?

I am 47 and i used nature tint in May 2015 and since then I had tangling hair in shower and lost lot of hair and had itchiness and then it triggered angrogenic alopecia and my hair started miniaturizing and now i have very sparse hair throughout my head which is very very thin. One of the options I think I missed it is pro - partly couldn't afford it and didn't know that i didn't have much time ,...
  • Hey guys I am new to this group and I am going through the same probpem . I am just 20 and at the peak of my youthful years. You know most girls love to try new hair styles, hair colors and what not. Also all of them can let open their hair at parties and gatherings and look their best. I can't !! Though it doesn't really hurt now always but yeah sometimes when you really want to look your best...
  • brokenhearted1220

New female to group

Hi, I am new to this particular group in Daily Strength. I am a 49 year-old female who has recently begun experiencing a distressing amount of hair loss. I know acute stress is a factor. (My husband of 25 years who told me every day how much he loved me and our kids walked out on us for another woman and her small children. I almost had a nervous breakdown and lost 30 pounds in about 4-6 weeks....
  • sunnymaid

washing the hair

I was told I have androgentic alopica,I wanted to do your hair suppose to coming when you wash it? I am talking about two hands full of hair.When you have this do this suppose to do this?
  • Anyone found an effective treatment for regrowing your hair? Alternative of mainstream medicine...Thanks, Ian
  • jhm

need wig / hairpiece advise

Still looking for a solution to my thinning hair. I have tried on wigs but most have way too much hair and are very hot - like wearing a winter hat all day. The ladies in MSN's wig support group really seem to love a type of hairpiece called a Topper. From what I have researched they are very expensive and hard to find. Any suggestions for me? I have fine, straight, dark blond hair that just...
  • deleted_user

Cheap Kitchen Units UK

What a great forum this is really impressed with all the information and advise.
  • After making timid attempts to look at wigs a few years ago, the mirror reminds me about my dramatic hair loss, especially at the back of my head. So, still timid and embarrassed about the whole hair loss situation, I want to trying shopping for a wig once again. Particularly would like a stores in the San Francisco Bay Area, even ones that make custom wigs. I appreciate any...
  • deleted_user

are there really any wigs....

that cant be detected as a wig? ive seen alot of reviews on line of wigs that are supposed to be the most realistic and natural u can get. i know lace wigs are very good but the one i have was suposed to be realistic and its not got a parting atall. all the hair come from almost a pin point at the back of the wig i havent had the guts to wear it out yet becuase it is obvious its a wig from 50...
  • deleted_user

Looking for advice....

Hair keeps getting thinner and thinner. I have a high forehead as it is and on the sides, it's getting higher and higher. I use my bangs to cover it, parted in the middle, but the area in the middle is getting thinner as well.I have an oily scalp (have all my life) and have used a few different shampoo and scalp treatments. I had an eval several months ago and was told that I have DHT build...
  • deleted_user

Rogaine questions

I started the Mens 5% formula. The directions say that it only works in one spot but my dermatologist has me using it all over. Has anyone had success with this product on the sides of their head and top? I don't want to be wasting money. I'm using the foam, not the liquid 2 x per day.
  • Hiya, Just wanted to introduce myself here. I`ve just been diagnosed with androgenic alopecia, or rather, I diagnosed myself and the doctor confirmed it.Have been losing my hair in clumps since I came off the pill last year. This has happened every time I have come off the pill before so I though it was normal until I developed a bonified receding hairline. I read up on it and went to my doc who...
  • deleted_user

hi. i'm new

hi there. i'm 26 and from trinidad. i came off bcp gynera in january of this year and my hair hasn't stopped falling off. i look at myself in the mirror and i see a stranger. some days are more difficult than others. i hope i can make some friends here and find support