Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome Support Group

Androgen insensitivity syndrome (AIS, or "Androgen resistance syndrome") is a set of disorders of sexual differentiation that results from mutations of the gene encoding the androgen receptor. Most of the forms of AIS involve variable degrees of undervirilization and/or infertility in XY persons of either sex.

0 Online
  • Once a year there is this big support group conference. I'm going this year for the first time. It's expensive, so I'm concerned about how I will make it. I'm also working to get some like-minded people together for religious services for attendees. It's also expensive. I don't know if this is pie-in-the-sky or reality.It would be nice to know if others are planning to go, and how they plan to...
  • deleted_user

What happen?

What happen to this support group here on Daily Strength? Ever since Facebook, almost everyone dropped off from posting on this forum, it would not make sense for me to pour out my life story, having no one to reply back to me. Have you concidered closing this group?
  • punkinnk

what is wrong with being andro

why is it that we must fit into a binary world where does one draw the line between the 2 why do we need a line in the first place norma kent
  • I was born during a time, where there was very little understanding (Both medical, and public.) about AIS. I've had more surgeries, than I can recall, most of which were "experimental". Including, one failed CVP, and finally, a Mc Indoe procedure. It took me almost 30 years to understand this condition, and finally get power over it. I didn't even know the name of it, until last year. Since that...
  • deleted_user

test discussion

just creating a thread that will be closed for testing