Alcoholism Support Group
Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.
rwmorey
Good Morning --
Today is day 8 for me. I spent last night starting to look for / look through stuff related to the unexpected IRS "audit" which wasn't fun but I was better than drinking!
Tonight I'm joining some friends for a trivia fundraiser event which should be fun and tomorrow my wife and I are planning to go see the new James Bond movie so I'll be out of the house and busy which is always a good thing.
My previous "streak" of not drinking was 11 and then 9 days (with one bad day in between) so I went 20 of 21 days. I don't remember what happened on day 22 but I think I must have gotten drunk and then gave up trying to quit. So today is day 8 after a 12 day run so I'm back at 20 of 21 days but this time I am confident and motivated to keep going.
I hope you are all well
Rich
Today is day 8 for me. I spent last night starting to look for / look through stuff related to the unexpected IRS "audit" which wasn't fun but I was better than drinking!
Tonight I'm joining some friends for a trivia fundraiser event which should be fun and tomorrow my wife and I are planning to go see the new James Bond movie so I'll be out of the house and busy which is always a good thing.
My previous "streak" of not drinking was 11 and then 9 days (with one bad day in between) so I went 20 of 21 days. I don't remember what happened on day 22 but I think I must have gotten drunk and then gave up trying to quit. So today is day 8 after a 12 day run so I'm back at 20 of 21 days but this time I am confident and motivated to keep going.
I hope you are all well
Rich
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
I accidentally deleted a journal entry that I wish I hadn't. Is there any way to get it back?
-
Instead of going to work I slept in until 11 am Now I'm treating myself at McAllister's to a Spud Max. When I go back tomorrow it will be Friday!

I truly pray that this quit is your solution quit.
As for the new James Bond movie the wife and youngest went and seen it our last night. Was going to see it myself early next week but after the missus arrived at home and told me about the movie I can save the $15, I know the whole movie now.
Take care and travel safely G8
Looking forward to seeing the new JB flick as well.
Enjoy,
Robert
I'm glad you are in your second week of sobriety.
Cmon!
1-2
God Bless!
Rich
Enjoy the new JB movie!
Hugs~
LMT