Alcoholism Support Group
Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.


I wish you well. I found sobriety through a spiritual awakening as a result of the 12 Step programme of Alcoholics Anonymous.
When I first was trying to get sober, I too thought I had to find out why I drank but then found that it actually is of no relevance to my ability to stay sober - there probably isn't a 'reason' why you drink the way that you do other than that you are an alcoholic!
Some things/events/trauma may lead us to drink more than we should but it is not those reasons that make anyone an alcoholic. Does that make sense?
If for eaxample, you were told that you had cancer would you pursue the treatment or would you spend your time trying to work out why you had it or how you got it.?
My guess is that you would pursue the treatment so that you gave yourself the best chance of living.
Alcoholism is a deadly illness don't be one of people who die because they couldn't work out how they got the illness.
PM me if you think I can be of help to you.
Best Wishes
Lyn
Anyway, I digress....
Welcome. I found this a great place to ask questions when I was new (and still do today! haha). There is a wealth of experience here and it is good people come and share it.
For me, when I started to understand alcoholism, I started a journey of a lifetime and have never looked back (well, maybe a bit in the beginning).
The good thing about life today..........living it :)