Alcoholism Support Group
Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.

Have noticed that there hasn’t been many posts lately so I thought I would open a dialogue. A year and a half sober and I feel whole. When I passed a year last fall it was good but this 18 month mark feels better. More solid. It’s amazing, but it took this long for the dust to settle, so to speak. The process of gaining control of my mind has been intense and hugely rewarding. By far the hardest thing I have ever done.
Following my spiritual practice has made it have purpose. There was so much resistance in the beginning and I want to reassure those starting out that it gets softer. In fact the resistance is our greatest teacher when we look at it closely. It guides us right to what we need to work on. The trick to using it as a tool is honesty for seeing the whole picture then acceptance for who we are now. Because when I accept myself I can love myself and then there’s nothing to be afraid of. What can hurt me worse than what I have done to myself? Not much. I have had enough of my self induced suffering. So much wasted energy now that I can see my past patterns clearly.
I think a lot about the saying; cleanliness is close to godliness. While I have enjoyed keeping a neat home for my peace of mind the real meaning is a clean mind. Uncluttering the thought process is such a relief. Meditation helps in any form. Good luck out there.
-
I accidentally deleted a journal entry that I wish I hadn't. Is there any way to get it back?
-
Instead of going to work I slept in until 11 am Now I'm treating myself at McAllister's to a Spud Max. When I go back tomorrow it will be Friday!

God Bless