Alcoholism Support Group
Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.

10 months ago today I made my third attempt during May 2017 to stop drinking. The longest I had gone in that latest round of quitting was nine days before relapsing.
The third time turned out to me a charm for me and I haven't had alcohol or drugs since. This community, AA and Refuge Recovery have helped to guide and support me along the way. I journaled every day for the first couple months and still make entries a couple times a week. Changing up my network of friends and activities also made my walk in sobriety much easier. Along with this, I began eating better and working out on a daily basis.
Working the steps of recovery is important too and finding the root cause of the pain that lead to abuse. Forgiving yourself is another step. Not easy, but so important.
So I'll continue on this path and look forward to logging my first year in a couple months. But I shouldn't get ahead of myself. I have today to live first...
-
I accidentally deleted a journal entry that I wish I hadn't. Is there any way to get it back?
-
Instead of going to work I slept in until 11 am Now I'm treating myself at McAllister's to a Spud Max. When I go back tomorrow it will be Friday!

Congrats! Visualize that one year day! cmon giddy up
1is2many
Let's have a non alcoholic party when you reach a year!
God Bless
Sure thing bobinmaine! Will be very happy and ready to celebrate when I reach that mark!