Alcoholism Support Group
Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.

Now for this booze hound I could quit for periods but I would always circle back to the bottle. I tried to quit on my own for about 10 years. At the end of my active addiction I realized that I needed help. I went and couldnt believe that it had taken me so long to admit I had a problem. Then I found that a meeting would help me to stay in the recovery. I actually enjoy the ease a meeting offers. It also shows me with the newcomer that has just stepped off the merry go round that I dont wish to go back to all that crap.
I hope you find the road to sobriety. it is a good place once you make the decision to keep going down the road.
Keep checking in with updates@@!@!
1is2many
The cravings become more and more spare and less potent every time.
Let us all know how your meeting goes, will you?
Peace and sobriety.
I think it is normal to be afraid of things we have never experienced. The hardest part for me was getting out of my car and into the hall. I was welcomed with open arms by strangers I had never met before! It felt good!
So don't be afraid and just sit and listen. That's all, and come back here and tell us how it went and how you felt. Your input might help someone else!
God Bless!
I think it's awesome that you're going to an AA meeting. Yes, please let us know how it goes.
(((HUGS!)))
I wish you all the best.
Please let us know how your first AA meeting goes.
Good luck
Hugs