Albinism Support Group

Albinism is a lack of pigmentation in the eyes, skin and hair. Albinism is an inherited condition resulting from the combination of recessive alleles passed from both parents of an individual. While the most common term for an individual affected by albinism is "albino", some prefer "person with albinism", because "albino" is sometimes used in a derogatory way.

0 Online
0 Online
  • deleted_user

Left Out

I'm sixteen and I have albinism. It's weird: Being an albino never used to bother me that much. I didn't care what people thought or said about me. I've even stopped dying my hair, just to show my 'true colors', haha. But what's really bothering me lately, as I enter the midst of junior year in high school, is the fact that I'm left out. At fifteen, most of my friends got their permits. At...
  • Hello, I just flew accross the country from California to NJ. I saw a guy getting ready to board, and I just couldn't believe it. I said no, can't be, but yes it was a person with albinism. Perfect white hair, very pale skin, but with a lot of skin exposed, as he had shorts on and short sleved shirt. He was wearing a baseball cap, so at first I couldn't see his eyes. I went to talk to him, and...
  • I came across this one, somebody who was looking after a person with macular degeneration recommended it to me but wanted to know if anybody used it before:pamtrad.co.ukThanks!
  • Buradi

Why?

Why do people bully and shun other people just because we are different? Just because I'm extremely pale doesn't mean that I'm a freak to be treated worse than dirt!
  • deleted_user

hey

hey i just wanted to say hi to everyone on here i am albino and i know the struggles of being one and thought i would come on here and help people with there problems of being albino and just support everyone because i know what there goin through. so if u wanna talk about anything go for it :)
  • My little brother is 12 years old, almost 13 and he has albinism. He has participated in NOAH since he was born along with my mother of course. He is a perfectly normal little smartass 12 year old that still picks on his older sisters. It angers me to hear people call themselves or their children albino. The politically correct term is a person with albinism. Albino is a rabbit or a deer or any...
  • Well being born with albinism is definally a struggle that i have to deal with on a daily basis. It is something that had and will affect how i live my life for the rest of my life.Growing up i knew i was different from the other kids. I always had to wear a ton of sunscreen and a hat when i went outside and when i went swimming in my pool. I was always gealous of my brother who was tan and...
  • deleted_user

NOAH

Hi! has anybody gone to a NOAH convention? The next one is in July in Las Vegas Nevada. I am not sure if I should wait til Noah gets older so he can get more out of it. If anybody has gone or would like more info on it let me know!I could also use some advice on what to do to help Noah understand he NEEDS to keep his sunglasses and hats on!He is only 18 months old and also has DS it is a real...
  • deleted_user

Eye Surgery

I was just wondering if anyone was aware of any surgeries that I could get to better my eyes. I haven't really researched it but would like some input.
  • deleted_user

Advice

I have recently started a relationship, and my girlfriends 14 y.o. daughter has Albinism and lost her dad to cancer about 4 years ago. I would like to know if anyone has any advise on how i can help her daughter with making quality friends ?? She is a very pretty girl and she likes me in her life as I her, and just want her to be happy.
  • I have ADD. I'm different. I would really like to date a cool looking and acting of course person with albinism. I think people with albinism are beautiful. Male or female. Age and demographics really don't matter to me. It is the kind of quality and character of a person that I find attractive and important. Ok I know this is an oddball request but if youre interested let me know.Thanks have a...
  • deleted_user

A place for friends

I've just created a new group called Low Self Esteem. It's a group where people gather and work together at helping themselves and each other break their negative versions of themselves and grow confident and happy in their own skin. I'm asking you all to please join. Please help spread the word and help your DS friends feel less worthless and more like people. And please don't hesitate to join...
  • deleted_user

help

sometimes I find myself getting so angry with God because I\'m different. How did I reconcile my relationship with GOD? He is all knowing and he knew the challenges that people with Albinism would face, So why did he make us so different. Sometimes I dont feel like\" I\'m fearfully and wonderfully made\"
  • deleted_user

A little story

The man said : God speak to me.And a meadowak sing.The man did not hearSo the man yelled :God speak to meAnd the thunder rolled acros the skyBut the man did not listenThe man looked around and said:God let me see youAnd a star shined brightlyBut the man did not seeAnd the man shouted : God show me a miracleAnd a life was bornBut the man did not noticeTouch me God and let me know you are here...
  • deleted_user

Hello

I am not part of this group but wanted to let you know that one my Father's best friends have Albinism. My Dad is 65 now and I just want to express to mothers in fear or concern, that your son/daughter will lead a very happy productive life. Our family friend has been a wonderful unique love in our lives. Just want to give you all some support & a hug. :)