AlAnon One Day At A Time Community Group
This is a group for families and friends affected by someone elses drinking.
MelisaDE
Another great one
Letting Go
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To 'let go' does not mean to stop caring,
it means I can't do it for someone else.
To 'let go' is not to cut myself off,
it's the realization I can't control another.
To 'let go' is not to enable.
but to allow learning from natural consequences.
To 'let go' is to admit powerlessness,
which means the outcome is not in my hands.
To 'let go' is not to try to change or blame another,
It's to make the most of myself.
To 'let go' is not to 'care for',
but to 'care about'.
To 'let go' is not to fix,
but to be supportive.
To 'let go' is not to judge,
but to allow another to be a human being.
To 'let go' is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes,
but to allow others to affect their destinies.
To 'let go' is not to be protective,
it's to permit another to face reality.
To 'let go' is not to nag, scold, or argue,
but to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.
To 'let go' is not to adjust everything to my desires,
but to take each day as it comes, and cherish myself in it.
To 'let go' is not to criticize and regulate anybody,
but to try to become what I dream I can be.
To 'let go' is not to regret the past,
but to grow and live for the future.
To 'let go' is to fear less,
and to love more.
Letting Go
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To 'let go' does not mean to stop caring,
it means I can't do it for someone else.
To 'let go' is not to cut myself off,
it's the realization I can't control another.
To 'let go' is not to enable.
but to allow learning from natural consequences.
To 'let go' is to admit powerlessness,
which means the outcome is not in my hands.
To 'let go' is not to try to change or blame another,
It's to make the most of myself.
To 'let go' is not to 'care for',
but to 'care about'.
To 'let go' is not to fix,
but to be supportive.
To 'let go' is not to judge,
but to allow another to be a human being.
To 'let go' is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes,
but to allow others to affect their destinies.
To 'let go' is not to be protective,
it's to permit another to face reality.
To 'let go' is not to nag, scold, or argue,
but to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.
To 'let go' is not to adjust everything to my desires,
but to take each day as it comes, and cherish myself in it.
To 'let go' is not to criticize and regulate anybody,
but to try to become what I dream I can be.
To 'let go' is not to regret the past,
but to grow and live for the future.
To 'let go' is to fear less,
and to love more.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
Letting go of getting angry, annoyed and resentful when people don't do things MY WAY, which of course is the best and perfect way to do things.
Letting go of the notion that I can change people.
...and there are dozens more.
I have to let go of the stories I continually play in my hear...the endless questions of "WHY" and "HOW COULD I HAVE DONE THINGS DIFFERENTLY?"
Today I Let Go Of: my son and his life choices.
my husbands inability to remember
the fact that there are just so many hours in the day
that I am human and will fall back on old habits
Today I Am Grateful: that new books come into my life that support and expand my Al Anon program
that I have my health
that I can grow in compassion and understanding
that I have a supportive network of people
that I can surrender my brand of VICTIMHOOD
I held it together...told him to stop screaming at me and that I had his papers.
I closed the door. Of course he was drunk. He had a bottle of beer in his hand. He had punched a wall or something and his knuckles had caked/dried blood on them. He has been punching walls a long time.
I share this because program, sponsor, the literature helped me to deal with this continuing challenge. The thing is I'm sure my son will not remember anything about this incident and I will.