Adult Bedwetting Community Group

A place for adults who still have problems wetting the bed to talk about their feelings, to discover solutions, and to talk about life in general.

0 Online

telling my doctor

im going to my doctor soon and i am very embarassed to tll him ive been wetting the bed almost every night for the ,ast 5 years. ive tried every method possible including alarms and all the natural remedies anmd even see a therapist. nothing has worked and im 28 and want to have a girlfriend and settle down but no girl will ever date a guy that wears a diaper to bed. the simpsons proved that.

Replies

LEC22
LEC22

Ypu don't have to be embarrassed to tell your doc. They've seen and heard it all. I told my therapist that I have wet the bed my entire life and how i struggle so hard with it and the idea of people finding out, and he shrugged it off like it was no big deal. Because it isnt. And you know what else? It was a HUGE weight off my shoulders telling him. It made no difference to him whatsoever but to me was an amazing feeling. Really. And I used to be like you in that I thought Noone would want to date/live with/marry a 27 year old woman that wears diapers to bed. But then I met my boyfriend. The first boyfriend I have ever told. He was super super supportive and claimed he didn't care. But I thought maybe that would change when I moved in with him and the first leak/accident/fall asleep without a diaper kind of night happened. And they did happen and have happened and I'm sure will continue to happen....and he doesn't care. He will even go down the incontinence aisle and pick up my depends for me if I'm feeling a little self consc . My point is don't give up. I still wet most nights, and I'm still able to lead a normal life with a boyfriend that I have loved and lived with for over three years that does much more than put up with it, he understands that it's just another funny thing in life.

Sorry for any typos, I'm on mobile and can see maybe a quarter of the post at a time.
jeremy8686
jeremy8686

Well thank you so much. You just made me smile. That's what is the worst part is I haven't dated at all in five years because i wet every night and thought no one could love me because i wear diapers. I am going to try the dating scene again now and maybe I'll get lucky and meet someone wonderful like you someday
NW47guy
NW47guy

After wetting the bed 5 times I finally told my wife, she's very supportive and reminds me to put on my protection many nights, it was hard to do but when the bed was soaked, it rang home that this was something that needed to be discussed and the possible solutions also. Today the bed has a vinyl cover and my side has 3' wide protector pads on my site. It's a bit crinkly sounding but neither of us mentions it, we're just glad the bed isn't being ruined any longer. I put on a Depends with dual soakers then a larger cloth pull up brief in case of leaks and the cloth does wick moisture well, the plastic pants over the top contains everything. I'm self conscience even though she fully accepts my condition, so I wear a bed shirt which is loose and makes me feel better with the bulky protection on beneath it because now the bulk really isn't seen. I even picked a tiger print bed shirt so it's a bit tougher looking and kinda boosts my ego since wearing diapers brings it down. I'm happier.
ST50
ST50

My advice is don't get hung up about it. Doctors don't judge and are very matter of fact about bedwetting. The doc will refer you to a urologist and they are even more matter of fact about it. Then if they can't cure you as they can't with me they will refer you to a continence nurse for practical help. They are brilliant. I felt completely at ease talking to her. I have to wear nappies or pads all the time and wet the bed most nights.
Also you will find if you are open and honest family and friend just won't care. All my friends and family know I am incontinent and wear nappies and have no problem with it.
jason181
jason181

Don't be put off telling the doctor like you I was in my late 30s before. Telling my doctor and that I had been wetting the bed. Every night ism now 43 @nd still wetting. They. Bed but am still under the doctor. For it
ST50
ST50

My wife has no problems with me being incontinent and enuretic. Love conquers all you know. Someone decent will not care in the slightest about your bedwetting.
chestnut
chestnut

Since becoming incont. I have not been able to meet anyone for a romantic relationship.
chestnut
chestnut

The reason is that I wear adult diapers (seni quatro) full time because I have no bladder or bowel control after an accident 4.5 years ago. Being in a big city is very problematic since there are often no bathrooms and there are large distances to traverse.
wetr
wetr

I agree with the other comments, medical people see this all the time, as for me my wife is very understanding, one day you will meet the right person ,there are many young people on our forum with simular circumstances.
Posts You May Be Interested In: