Achondroplasia (Dwarfism) Support Group

Achondroplasia is a type of genetic disorder that is a common cause of dwarfism. Only one copy of the gene needs to be present for the disorder to occur. People with achondroplasia have one normal copy of the fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 gene and one mutant copy. Discuss everything from relationships to lifestyle challenges.

0 Online
  • memesworld420

Looking to Hire a Dwarf

Hi , https://tinychat.com/memesworld is a Video Chat Room. We are trying to hire a dwarf to be in the room 24/7 for a Social Experiment. Paid Daily $$ ... Nothing weird just ... If you know one in real life send them our way , Thanks ! https://tinychat.com/memesworld
  • deleted_user

New here and need help dealing with chronic pain

Hello....i am a 38 male with (achon) dwarfism.....I don't know what to do anymore and I am sick of putting my family through all this...You see at the age of 15 i had to have my 1st spine surgery,,,,,They installed 2- 8" rods into my back because my spine is deterating. I led a normal as I can be life....i found my beautiful wife and we started having kids(she is normal height) and thank you GOD...
  • d212ewi

Teenager with achondroplasia

Hi,...i am a mother of 14th yrs daughter who had achondroplasia. Dealing with dwarfism is a challanging thing for us. When she is still 10th yrs old she keep asking why she had dwarfism. As time goes Age brings her starting to realize and very upset if her friend bullying her, comment of her bowing feet, comparing her and try to framed her future. I'd like to know if any in this group who can...
  • deleted_user

Relationships.

My partner suffers from insecurities brought on by a life of what i believe to be abuse from average people who havent understood him and what it means to have dwarfism. i have suffered greatly for it in our relationship. Im really wanting to discuss with other little people or average people in a relationship with the opposite what its like for them and if they have gone through the same things...
  • deleted_user

Bullying and height

I do not have Achondroplasia. I am here because I am actually shorter than some with Acho and I believe height is big factor in bullies targeting me. But the average person tells me to stand up for myself. However, the average person is almost a foot taller than me.Maybe it's the way I stand up for myself, but my experience is that those doing the bullying get even more upset when I stand up...
  • deleted_user

Picking

I have moderate to severe acne but I am a horrible picker which makes everything just so much worse. Does anyone have advice on how to stop picking? I can't help it, I even try to keep my nails short but I just end up getting tweezers ugh
  • deleted_user

hypochondroplasia

Anyone with any experience with hypochondroplasia? I suspect my 15 month old daughter may have this, but I can't find very much information online, and I can't find any online forums/support groups specific to hypochondroplasia. Her height and weight have steadily declined from 50th %ile at birth down to 5th %ile now at 15 months old. Her head has held steady in the 60-70th %iles.Prior to her...
  • deleted_user

feeling comfortable

i came out as gay 5 months ago and it went really well but now im finding it hard staying true to myself and feel like i have to conform to the stereotype "gay" look. since coming out i have had people saying to me " but you dont look gay. i have had my hair cut short since but not fot the first time, and people are interpretating it as me trying to look "dyke".i have been known to be a girly...
  • deleted_user

scared

my daughter is now 5 months and is waiting to see a geneticist about her achondroplasia, none of the doctors have actually sat us down and asked what our worries are or explained the condition and so we had to go searching online. we found a website which told us that children that get the gene from both parents dont live past a few months and so as you can imagine i cant sleep or eat with...
  • deleted_user

need to know

with all due respect..because I know nothing about dwarfism..my daughter was tested at birth..PKU..she was born without a throid gland at all. has been on thyroid replacement since birth..the docs told me if this had not been detected she would have been mentally challenged,and dwarf in size.do you know any thing about this? thank you
  • deleted_user

New to site

HelloI am new to this site. I am a member of Daily Strength for a few weeks and found this one. I have three grown daughters, two who are achondroplasia. I also have a grandson who is achon as well. I have not had too many health issues until about 5 years ago and am now finding myself to be greatly frustrated with the medical community.I won't rant but I hope to be able to network and find...
  • deleted_user

Driving accommodations?

I hope you don't mind me joining the community, as I don't actually suffer from Achondroplasia or know anyone who does, but I have a gf that has a lot of similar everyday challenges. (I couldn't actually find another forum for short people.)She's 4'11'', and she has trouble seeing over the dash and reaching the pedals on every car we've been looking at.Every time she tries to ask a question on...
  • deleted_user

Adults with achondroplasia

Can any1 tell me if they kno of any sites where adults with achondroplasia can go and chat about adult things and maybe meet up???Im looking for adults with achondroplasia to chat with and just have a fun time.
  • deleted_user

feeling comfortable

i came out as gay 5 months ago and it went really well but now im finding it hard staying true to myself and feel like i have to conform to the stereotype "gay" look. since coming out i have had people saying to me " but you dont look gay. i have had my hair cut short since but not fot the first time, and people are interpretating it as me trying to look "dyke".i have been known to be a girly...
  • deleted_user

Invitation to STUDY THE WORD group

Here is a link to a Christian group if anyone is interested in visiting or joining. It is a good place to learn about God and to study the Word. Thanks. http://www.dailystrength.org/groups/study-the-word