Hanging in there

David's foster father (Pop Pop Fran) lost his 12 year battle with cancer on 5/2/09.  The viewing and services were today.  I am very proud of David.  A little worried he did not cry, but maybe because he is a kid, he does not realize the loss the way an adult does.  He did give a little memorial speech at the service.  It was very nice.  He was also a pall bearer.  I had bought a new suit for him to wear and he just looked so handsome.  Will have to take a picture and get it out here.  My camera broke, so may take a while as I have to get a new camera.  He and his wife fostered many children.  My son was back and forth with them from age 1 to age 4 when he came to live with us.  I give them a lot of credit to have given him up due to their health reasons.  We kept in touch with them all these years and they were like grandparents to David and that just worked out perfect for everyone.  I know that David always had a special place in their heart and it was nice to see him comfort Mom Mom Paula all day.  I am whooped though.  Just a tiring (mentally) day.  We also went to counseling and David did talk some, so that is a good thing.   My MS 5K walk was cancelled.  Was supposed to be Sunday 5/3/09.  Cancelled due to the swine flu outbreak on the University of Delaware campus, which is where the 5k was supposed to be.  I was so disappointed.  We had a whole team from the karate studio going!  My team raised over $1200!  It has been pouring rain hear anyway for many days.  It is cold and dreary.  Went from 90 degrees to 55 degrees overnight and has stayed that way now for almost a week.  Ugh!  We will hopefully see sunshine for Mother's Day.   I actually wonder if I had the swine flu 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago.  I was so sick.  Chills, stomach pains, cough, sneezy, stuffy head, horrible fatigue, etc.  The only thing is I don't think I ever got a fever.  But they are saying that the outbreak is not as bad as they tought and the symptoms are not as bad as they thought and reading some of the interviews with the students, it is possible.  I am on the road so much, I come across all kinds of things, meet all kinds of people.  I am almost 100% now. I really need to get back on track.  Over 1 month now of just eating garbage.  Over 2 weeks of no exercise.  That illness just killed me.  I am going to go to bed early tonight and then beginning Friday AM, it is back to the Y for me.  Work is still grueling and busy.  I just can't believe how many fires there are this time of year.  It is just crazy.  I feel like I am lettling myself down.  I am going to sit this weekend for mother's day and reevaluate and adjust my goals and come up with a schedule.  I am going to try to focus on the exercise again and eating better.  But I am also going to try to schedule in "me" time, for reading, watching a movie, listening to music, whatever.  Paul doesn't know it yet, but they had this cute Spring Green Nintendo DS on Amazon.com with the matching cover and the "Personal Trainer:  Cooking" with it bundle.  I actually bought a couple of games that were like puzzle solving, and Word Coach, and some really cool mystery type games.  I also need to put in some "clean my house" time as well.  I need to enlist the help of my husband and son.  So that is it.  Hopefully, new leaf for next week.   I will try to catch up with all of my friends here as well.  I have been SO focused on getting my work caught up, I didn't dare log in for fear I would get distracted.  So scheduling DS time is important as well.  Thank you to all of my dear friends for your love and support!  I am still here and will be back to my happy, normal, motivated, supportive self soon.