The Walking Group Community Group
This group is for those who walk as a form of exercise. You can start walking challenges, ask questions, start discussions anything you want.
TC40
I am extremely overweight but want to try walking. I have alot of pain in my back and knees. Does anyone here have any adviice on how to start a walking program when you are in horrible shape?? Thank you!!
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
I accidentally deleted a journal entry that I wish I hadn't. Is there any way to get it back?
-
Instead of going to work I slept in until 11 am Now I'm treating myself at McAllister's to a Spud Max. When I go back tomorrow it will be Friday!

Click opn the link and you'll see February's calendar.
I put your name on the spreadsheet for you to see how it works.
We are here for you.
YOU CAN BEGIN TO WALK BY SITTING IN A CHAIR AND MOVING YOUR FEET BACK AND FORTH, SLOWLY AT FIRST.
KEEP IT SIMPLE AT FIRST AND AFFIRM YOU CAN DO IT.
There is a DS member that could barely get out his front door and now he can walk a block!
also, shoes are very important. it's possible that your back and knee pain comes from your feet not getting the proper arch support.
i use the dr scholls arch supports in my shoes and like them a lot.
good luck. just remember it takes 21 days to form a habit. if you start your program with goals that are attainable, then you're more likely to keep up with it...and once you're committed to doing it on a regular basis, you'll find that it also boosts your energy and emotional outlook.
Good Luck
My hip always lets me know when it is time to replace my shoes! Do not ignore your body's messages. For me I find I need new shoes about twice a year.