Vegetarian Recipe: Why Live a Life of a Vegan?
A person who doesn’t eat meat for health, religion and moral reasons is called a vegetarian or vegan. And when a person eats a vegetarian recipe, the recipe itself entails the exclusion of meat or other products that come from animals. All over the world, countless people enjoy a vegan or vegetarian life simply because of the abounding benefits it offers. Not to mention that a vegetarian lifestyle is also proven by many experts to improve and promote longer life.
Now if you are looking forward to shift from your current lifestyle to a vegetarian then you are destined to eat more plant-based diets in the future or starting now. As a good way to start your vegan life, here is a vegetarian recipe that you will definitely enjoy, something that you can add to your vegan recipe collection.
This type of burger for vegetarians can be frozen, allowing you to be always on the go. Each burger is filled with spinach, a trickier vegie for kids.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 250 grams of spinach
- 5 sliced break (white), blitzed to form breadcrumbs
- Generous amount of freshly grated nutmeg
- 100 grams of grated mature cheddar
- 40 grams of finely grated parmesan
- 1 to 2 large eggs, thoroughly beaten
- 3 tablespoon plain flour
- 6 crusty bread rolls
- 4 ripe tomatoes, thickly sliced
- High quality ketchup or relish
- Sweet potato fries
- Heat half of the oil in a frying pan then gently or slowly fry the onions for ten minutes. When it turn soft and pale, set aside and allow it to cool.
- Chop spinach in a fine manner using a food processor then put it into a mixing bowl. Add breadcrumbs, parmesan, cheddar and nutmeg. Mash them together. When doe, add the beaten eggs until the mixture solidifies or hold together. Shape into fat burgers.
- Fry the burger using the remaining oil, cooking each side for about five minutes.
- Serve with tomato slices, sweet potato fries and ketchup.