Things First Time Tenants should Look Into
As first time tenants you may be excited about renting your first property but there are many factors that need to be considered while moving in. To efficiently set up your new residence be it bungalow in Whitefield or an apartment, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
Factors to consider while moving in
- As a first time tenant it is only natural to not be familiar with the ways around the house and how to use appliances and other things. So, ask your landlord to provide you with a detailed guide that explains how to use appliances such as washing machine, dishwasher, TV, water heater, microwave, air conditioner among others. If a furnace is provided then ask how to turn it and other systems off during an emergency.
- Ask the landlord about basic maintenance routine and what are the things that they will include within the routine? Regular cleaning of the house, changing bulbs and repair of fans and appliances should come under monthly maintenance and should be covered under the rental fees. You should not be expected to pay anything over and above the rent. Clear it out with your landlord before you move in.
- As first time tenants you may not know about the rent payment process. Ask your landlord while negotiating rent if they accept online payment of rent or want the payment in cash. This knowledge will help you make timely payments on a monthly basis. Moreover, enquire whether the landlord expects an advance payment or not. Most often landlords do expect but the rule of thumb is to pay the mutually agreed rent amount as advance.
- Your landlord should provide you with substantial community information once you move in. The rules of the community, information on festivities, special events, good restaurants, parks, nightlife and other important information with respect to the area.
- If you are renting a larger residence such as villas in Whitefield then you need to know about the garbage and recycling schedule. You need to know where and at what time to dump the trash so that it is picked up by the pick- up service in order to maintain a clean and hygienic environment.
- Since you are a first time tenant, you may not have many essential supplies such as first aid kit, toiletries such as soap, shampoo, toothpaste and detergent, handy tools, kitchen supplies etc. So, make sure that your landlord does consider this and make all the necessary arrangements.
- A list of nearby grocery stores, departmental stores, pharmaceuticals, hospitals and schools among other important locations needs to be provided.
- A list of restaurants that offer food delivery to your new rented residence will be necessary since you are most likely to not enter into the kitchen after a long hard day of shifting.
Being a tenant for the first time is an entirely new experience and what you need to understand is that expectations are going to be there on both ends and to have a long lasting and healthy relationship, you and your landlord will need to consider and meet each other’s expectations. Just treat the rented house like you would treat your own house.
To know more about the bungalow in Whitefield available for sale, visit property.sulekha.com