Refining with Firefox
SEnuke: Ready for action
One piece of software any optimizer must love is Firefox. Now some might say 'Why Firefox, it's only a visitor'? Yes, it's a visitor, but one that supports a big variety of jacks, some of them very helpful for seo. So let's see what those plug-ins are:
1. SEOpen ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/570/ ): this really is among the greatest and most used Firefox seo extensions, and has many methods that make it a favorite of mine. Therefore let us see what it might do:
* in Google it may examine for: backlinks, listed pages, associated pages, cache and PageRank. Clicking internet plus.google.com possibly provides aids you could use with your family friend.
* in Yahoo and MSN: backlinks and indexed pages. This majestic link use with has several thrilling suggestions for how to provide for this thing.
* for backlinks, traffic facts, Alexa: review and related web sites.
* key-word occurrence of the very used words on the page.
If the site is within the service * DMOZ checker: see.
* check for robots.txt.
* validator to check your site for problems the validator is used by it from www.w3.org).
There are other items, but these are the most crucial.
2. Navigating To plus.google.com/+swellmarketing/ maybe provides lessons you might tell your father. SEO Links ( http://www.webmasterbrain.com/seo-tools/firefox-extensions/seo-links/ ) is another extension I personally use daily. When the extension si active and you hover over a link a tooltip will appear that will show you Yahoo, MSN, and Google link popularity and ranking data for the URL and anchor text couple. This can be frustrating when you are simply checking, but you can simply de-activate it with a right-click!
This could be quickly used to test your search-engine rankings for a specific site, and here's how: jot down an inventory with all the keywords and keyphrases that you want to rank for, and then link these words or phrases to-the webpages associated with them!
Now everytime you need to check your ranks trigger the SEO Links extension and hover within the links -- you will see where your pages come in Google, Yahoo and MSN. Visiting click for plus.google.com/+swellmarketing perhaps provides suggestions you might use with your friend.
3. Do not waste anymore of one's valuable screen property merely to find out what your PageRank and AlexaRank is! SearchStatus ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/321/ ) can sit anywhere you want (I keep it in the status bar) and you'll receive the important data at a glance. But this small tool can perform far more than that:
* it shows what meta-tags a niche site has
* inspections for backlinks and listed pages in Google, Yahoo and MSN
* it shows the robots.txt file
* keyword occurrence report purpose
* and best-of all: the spotlight 'nofollow' links will show you what links will be followed closely by search engine spiders -- very useful when you wish to publish your website to a service and don't know if it'll matter from a seo perspective.
Therefore just in case you are not using Firefox, go get it! It might be your very best friend when it comes to seo!
Florin Costache writes over a daily search engine optimisation weblog for Romanian webmasters, named Optimizare pentru motoarele de cautare (a.k.a. Seo for those who do not speak Romanian)..