My Troubles With Word-press Styles

SEnuke: Ready for action


Everything started in the late 90's. I needed to place some information on my internet site. A journal. A summary of forthcoming events. I began with basic HTML. One page, with parts for each and every article. Easy.

Then I learned about 'sites' and 'blogging.' Being intelligent, I picked Word-press, the most popular software. How clever, I thought. Should you have the WYSIWYG editor going, anybody could put up an internet site. Very democratic.

This inspired my to create my outermost thoughts; on personal gripes, London, and politics. Being a webmaster, I watched to determine Google index them. In case you require to be taught more on linklicious.me pro, we know of many databases people might think about investigating. 'Here we go', I thought, 'soon, my gems of extrospection may belong to the ages.'

Except Google didn't like my website. It'd not index much beyond leading page. Why, why, why?

Duplicate information? I set it to put just one post per-page.

No improvement.

I looked over what Google was indexing. Then I viewed the blog HTML. Shortly, all became clear.

In sum:

- Wordpress was still replicating my material, and

- It had no right META-TAGS, and

- There was a good deal unnecessary HTML, and

- the content was obscured by The layout.

I'd a quick search o-n Google to locate search engine marketing recommendations. There is a plugin 'head-meta information' ( http://guff.szub.net/plugins/ ). But I did not use that, oh no.

For whatever reason, I got the idea that a comprehensive design would be the solution. I tried changing an existing one myself. Better, although not great. Google was needs to index more pages, nevertheless they all had exactly the same title. My missives to an uncaring world were being overlooked.

So I got somebody else to complete one, centered on my requirements, which were:

- Grab a META 'subject' in the blog post 'title';

- Grab a META 'description' from your blog 'excerpts';

- Put a ROBOTS 'noindex' draw in non-content pages.

But that wasn't enough. For best SEO results you need to change Wordpress savagely. You've to be _mean_ to it. You have to _man_ enough.

Used to do a bit of research and came up with to following ideas.

WARNING: They're severe. In the event that you curently have great ratings, making significant changes to your URLs may possibly affect them. In my own case:

- Moving my weblog http://www.ttblog.co.uk towards the root web service,

- MOD_REWRITING its URLs, and

- Removing a 30-1 direct,

... caused my PageRank to visit 0. BUT, page indexing was unaffected.

This is temporary, as Google saw it as 'suspect' behavior. I had radically changed my site. The Linklicious Blackhatworld includes further about the purpose of it.

Here are the guidelines, for true _men_, who is able to try looking in the face area of web death and laugh:

1. Stimulate permalinks by going to 'Options/Permalinks.' You could have allow Apache MOD_REWRITE on your website bill.

1a. Lessen the permalinks rule to just-the variable. Do not work with the date codes. This keeps your URLs quick.

2. Level your blog in the index possible. http://www.ttblog.co.uk is preferable to http://www.ttblog.co.uk/wordpress/

Therefore a normal post would appear to be

http://www.ttblog.co.uk/Im-hard-as-nails-me/

In place of

http://www.ttblog.co.uk/wordpress/2006/08/03/Im-hard-as-nails-me/

3. Visiting linklicious case study discussions probably provides lessons you should give to your mom. Then install an SEO'd theme.

My blogs are increasingly being found beautifully. The Google 'site:' command returns all my threads, and little else.

For my next challenge, I take on Windows XP, and transform it into an operating-system..