My Problems With Word-press Themes

SEnuke: Ready for action


It all began in the late 90's. I needed to put some information o-n my website. A record. A listing of future events. I started with basic HTML. One-page, with areas for each article. Easy.

Then I found out about 'websites' and 'blogging.' Being wise, I picked Wordpress, the most popular application. How smart, I thought. Anybody could set up a web site, If you get the WYSIWYG editor going. Very democratic.

This encouraged my to post my outermost thoughts; o-n politics, London, and personal gripes. As a webmaster, I watched to determine Google index them. 'Here we go', I thought, 'quickly, my treasures of extrospection can participate in the ages.'

Except Google didn't like my weblog. It would not index much beyond the leading page. Why, why, why?

Repeat material? I set it to put only one post per page. Get further on http://linklicious.me by visiting our compelling article directory.

No improvement.

I looked at what Google was indexing. Then I looked over the HTML. Quickly, all became clear.

In sum:

- Word-press was however copying my content, and

- It'd no proper META-TAGS, and

- There is a whole lot irrelevant HTML, and

- the content was obscured by The layout.

I had an instant search o-n Google to find search engine marketing ideas. There is a plug-in 'head-meta description' ( http://guff.szub.net/plugins/ ). But I didn't use that, oh no.

For whatever reason, I got the notion that a comprehensive concept is the ticket. I tried modifying an existing one myself. Better, but not great. Google was needs to list more pages, however they all had the exact same subject. My missives to an uncaring world were being ignored. Be taught more on this partner URL by clicking linklicious works.

So I got another person to accomplish one, centered on my standards, which were:

- Grab a META 'concept' in the article 'title';

- Grab a META 'information' from the weblog 'excerpts';

- Put a ROBOTS 'noindex' draw in non-content pages.

But that was not enough. This fresh http://linklicious.org/ wiki has collected salient suggestions for when to consider it. For best SEO results you need to change Word-press savagely. You have to become _mean_ to it. You have to _man_ enough.

I did so a bit of re-search and came up with to following recommendations.

WARNING: They are serious. If you curently have good ratings, making major changes to your URLs might affect them. Within my case:

- Moving my website http://www.ttblog.co.uk towards the root web listing,

- MOD_REWRITING its URLs, and

- Removing a 30-1 redirect,

... If you know any thing, you will likely require to compare about linklicious coupon. caused my PageRank to go to 0. BUT, site indexing was untouched.

This is temporary, as Google saw it as 'suspect' behavior. I'd significantly changed my site.

Here are the guidelines, for true _men_, who will try the face area of web death and laugh:

1. Stimulate permalinks by visiting 'Options/Permalinks.' You might have to enable Apache MOD_REWRITE on your own website consideration.

1a. Lessen the rule to just the %postname% variable. Don't work with the time codes. This keeps your URLs short.

2. Point your blog in the uppermost listing possible. http://www.ttblog.co.uk is better than http://www.ttblog.co.uk/wordpress/

Therefore an average article would look like

http://www.ttblog.co.uk/Im-hard-as-nails-me/

In place of

http://www.ttblog.co.uk/wordpress/2006/08/03/Im-hard-as-nails-me/

3. Then install an SEO'd theme.

My blogs are increasingly being listed beautifully. The Google 'site:' command returns all my articles, and little else.

For my next challenge, I accept Windows XP, and turn it into an os..