Everest base camp trekking
Everest Base Camp Trekking
Everest region is more spectacular than any region. Here you can see world tallest peaks, Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu and Mt. Cho Oyu. The region is filled with intimations of the Himalayan Buddhist culture with the trails filled with colorful player flags, painted Mani walls and beautiful Monasteries. This adventurous region is ideal for exploring the unique Sherpa culture and the beauty of world highest mountains. Trekking through the Everest region offers astounding mountain views, and opportunities to get a glimpse into the life of world famous climbers (the Sherpa). Everest base camp trekking is the grandest trek to the land of Himalaya.
Everest base camp trekking offer an opportunity to get a close view of Mount Everest, sightseeing around the Sagarmatha national park and to get a closer look at the highest Buddhist monasteries in the world. Generally the trip starts from Lukla. You can take 35 minute scenery, flight from Kathmandu airport. From Lukla, trek begins to the world highest point on the earth. In Lukla you will see beautiful Sherpa village situated in the lap of Himalayas. Our journey will then follow a steep river valley to Namche bazaar. It is the gateway to the Khumbu region surrounded by beautiful mountains and people of Namche bazaar. We will acclimatize at Namche bazaar for the next day and then our trek continues to khunde and khumjung village. We can continue our Base Camp trek with a stopover for the night at the magnificent Tengboche monastery. You will be able to witness amazing, unbelievable views from here. The base camp trip will continue to the north through the Dinboche, one of the original Sherpa settlements in this region. We will again acclimatize at Dinboche. After a day of rest in Dinboche, specifically for the climate adaptation we can continue our trip. The landscapes will get more remote and desolate as we tend to get closer to the base camp. With lots of enthusiasm, will power, passion and dedication we will become able to accomplish our ultimate goal of reaching the Everest base camp.
Best season for Everest base camp trek
Autumn (Sept to Nov) and spring (March to May) are the best seasons for the Everest Base Camp Trek. The weather is sunny and warm with outstanding views. Trekking in summer or Monsoon (June to Aug) will be affected by rain, but summer trek could be a boon for a keen botanist.
Tips before Everest base camp trek
· Rent the gear necessary for the trek. Kathmandu is the great place to either buy or rent the trekking gear before the grand trek.
· Hire trekking guide and porter who are familiar with this area
· Be prepared before you go on trek both mentally and physically. If possible train before your trek
· Keep your body hydrated
· Don’t rush on trek. Take it slow and steady
· Always be prepared for altitude sickness. It’s better to prevent acute sickness than try to treat it. However, if you need to go up more quickly, you could consider taking a drug called Acetazolamide (also known as Diamox), Drink plenty of water, and avoid alcohol, sleeping pills and smoking. If you do have acute mountain sickness, the best treatment is descent. It is essential that you should NEVER go up higher if you have acute mountain sickness.