Common Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Millions of men across the world suffer from erectile dysfunction. In fact, it’s one of the most common penis problems that send a man to the doctor seeking a solution. And there are solutions, fortunately – some of them are as simple as paying more attention to good penis care, while others require a bit more attention and effort. Understanding the most common reasons for erectile dysfunction can help a man eliminate his risk factors and avoid the penis problems that can result from not being able to get it up.
What causes erectile dysfunction?
The reasons for erectile dysfunction can be wide and varied. Some causes stem from medical conditions, which require a doctor’s help to overcome. But in some cases, the issues that lead to erectile dysfunction and other penis problems can be handled by a man on his own.
1) The use of steroids or medications. Many men who seek out the look of a body-building guru might also seek out steroids and other medications that can lead to all sorts of physical problems. Men should always be careful when using medications, even those that are prescribed for them, but they should be especially wary of using steroids and similar medications that they have obtained without a doctor’s note. Unfortunately, some severe cases of long-term use lead to damage that simply cannot be overcome.
2) Severe lack of sensitivity. When a man doesn’t feel the gentle touches that used to arouse him, that can lead to an inability to get excited like he used to. Sure, the penis might still work just fine sometimes, but it can be tough to get the sensations necessary to raise the flagpole at the proper time. A man can fight against the lack of penis sensation by taking a break from masturbation, using a top-notch penis health crème on a regular basis and practicing excellent penis care.
3) Depression. The physical is closely tied to the mental and emotional, and that’s why so many who suffer from depression might also suffer from erectile dysfunction. The good news is that in this case, as a man gets treatment for depression and related symptoms, he will see his penis function come back. A man who is dealing with depression should always reach out for help, whether from friends and family or a professional who can help lead him in the right direction.
4) Relationship worries. In some cases, a man who has relationship woes will find that he can’t get it up like he used to with his partner. This can be caused by a huge variety of emotional issues, including guilt, anger, sadness, or worries about pregnancy, infidelity and more. In a case like this, a man must tackle the problem head-on with a heart-to-heart with his partner. This won’t be easy, but it’s necessary for better health.
5) Exhaustion. Any man who has suffered from lack of sleep might have the unfortunate experience of a penis that simply refused to cooperate when it was time for action. And in fact, some men have experienced exhaustion so deep that the very idea of getting it up is laughable. When a man is far too tired, it’s not only penis health that is affected, but his overall health as well. A few nights of deep sleep can make him right as rain. But if he finds that sleep is elusive, it might be time to try over-the-counter sleeping medications or visit a doctor for more serious cases.
No matter what the causes of erectile dysfunction, it’s a good idea to keep the penis as healthy as possible for the next potential encounter. A man can do that with the use of a great penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). A good crème will contain L-arginine, which enhanced blood flow where it matters most, as well as L-carnitine, which can protect penis sensation and make it easier for a man to respond to gentle touches.
Visit http://www.menshealthfirst.com for additional information on most common penis health issues, tips on improving penis sensitivity and what to do to maintain a healthy penis. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous websites.