I'm not a pumpkin gal.
October 21st is National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day!
Here are today’s five thing to know about Cheesecake:
- Pennsylvania Dutch-style cheesecake uses a slightly tangy type of cheese with larger curds and less water content, called pot or farmer’s cheese.
- Philadelphia-style cheesecake is lighter in texture, yet richer in flavor than New York style cheesecake.
- Farmer’s cheese cheesecake is the contemporary implementation for the traditional use of baking to preserve fresh cheese and is often baked in a cake form along with fresh fruit like a tart.
- Country-style cheesecake uses buttermilk to produce a firm texture while decreasing the pH (increasing acidity) to extend shelf life.
- Lactose free cheesecake may be made either with lactose-free cream cheese or as an imitation using Vegan recipes combining non-dairy cream cheese alternatives with other lactose-free ingredient
Posts You May Be Interested In
Tamping down all the troubles of home and world! Let's narrow it all down into a much more manageable space today.We got a pretty snowfall, about 5" and expecting a little more, but by the end of the weekend it will all disappear with a more normal temperature for us. No deer in my yard though Erika! Think I'll do another load of laundry today; otherwise not much going on around here. Good day...
Based on the breakfasts you like or dislike, this quiz will tell you whether you're more creative or scientific.https://www.buzzfeed.com/hanifahrahman/like-or-pass-on-these-breakfastsDid they get it right?