I'm not a pumpkin gal.
October 21st is National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day!
Here are today’s five thing to know about Cheesecake:
- Pennsylvania Dutch-style cheesecake uses a slightly tangy type of cheese with larger curds and less water content, called pot or farmer’s cheese.
- Philadelphia-style cheesecake is lighter in texture, yet richer in flavor than New York style cheesecake.
- Farmer’s cheese cheesecake is the contemporary implementation for the traditional use of baking to preserve fresh cheese and is often baked in a cake form along with fresh fruit like a tart.
- Country-style cheesecake uses buttermilk to produce a firm texture while decreasing the pH (increasing acidity) to extend shelf life.
- Lactose free cheesecake may be made either with lactose-free cream cheese or as an imitation using Vegan recipes combining non-dairy cream cheese alternatives with other lactose-free ingredient
Posts You May Be Interested In
DS, Kindle, and lots of naps is what my Friday looks like so far. It’s peaceful.
Today, we are meeting at the fence to socialize over cocoa, cinnamon rolls, and anything else you bring to share. Virtual treats are calorie free.Also we have a table here to decorate winter wreaths to take home. We have foam snowflakes to tie on plus a laminator to laminate photos you bring from your childhood sledding photos. We can tie photos to our wreaths too.Bring photos, food to share or a...