Widows & Widowers Support Group

This community is dedicated to those who have lost a husband, wife, or partner. Anything is open for discussion here, with the hope that we can focus on grief, bereavement, life after loss, and continuing on after a great loss.

4 Online

Scammer

Apparently DS has not removed the person who scammed "myhusbandsangel". I unfriended this person and still received a message from him. I think everyone who has had contact with him should report it asap so it does not happen to someone else. DS responded they will "check into it" after I sent them a notification. Since it was already reported by "myhusbandsangel" should have been done already. Judy

Replies

myhusbandisanangel
myhusbandisanangel

Thank you Judy I have emailed DS a few times over the weekend, so I hope soon they will remove him. I appreciate your support.
vickytic
vickytic

Who is the scammer? So we know.
karenj
karenj

What he did to "myhusbandisanangel" he should be removed at once. I think it is terrible that he is still here.
deremusl
deremusl

I received a strange message as well as a friend request yesterday from someone I've never had contact with before. Can someone at least message me who this person is so I can be more vigilant?
raininseattle
raininseattle

Give it some time. It typically takes them a couple of days to do so.

I want to forewarn some of you that if you see a profile joins a large number of support group within the first days, it raises a red flag. Check the user's profile before you decide if you want to speak with that person.
myhusbandisanangel
myhusbandisanangel

He was only on one support group when He asked me to be his friend, but before he unfriended me because I called him on what he did to me, he did join a lot of other groups. I did mention this to DS as well when I reported him.
WhiteSwan
WhiteSwan

I think he also changes his profile name and tries again. I've had two friend requests by men With similar writing styles. I called him on it the second time, and he bristled, but I don't think I'll get any more strange men requests. Message me if you want to learn a method for seeing if the profile picture is authentic. This is how I busted the second attempt. I'm sure he is reading these posts.
staygolden3
staygolden3

Maybe it's time to out this guy so we all know! Why protect his privacy??? He apparently has no shame!
May be unethical and against the rules here.....but if it saves one person from him....?
Always keep in mind though....they often come back under other names....many times though, quite similar.
There was a guy here a few months ago that came back three times with the same first name incorporated into each new user name! Sheesh!!!
If anything....with everyone's input, sounds like we're all getting a good lesson on how to beware, keep our eyes open and protect ourselves.....
Hugs everyone!
Darcie
myhusbandisanangel
myhusbandisanangel

You know you are right and if this gets me kicked off this site, then I would like to say, thank you to everyone for all there support. I have made many friends here.
I have sent a lot of emails to DS with his user name and they still have not taken him off. The name is marc121.
staygolden3
staygolden3

Thanks! I figured!!! If you get kicked off for that I'm going with you girl!!!
Big hugs!!!!
Darcie
myhusbandisanangel
myhusbandisanangel

Thanks Darcie that means a lot to me.
karenj
karenj

OMG he is on my friends list.....not now. Thank you myhusbandisanangel and I am with Darcie, if they kick you off then I will leave as well. I am going to unfriend him now........good for you for doing this. Karen
staygolden3
staygolden3

Btw..... He's a perfect example.....when you're friended by someone brand new with a private profile.....red flag......that usually isn't the case with a new member in need, usually they are hiding something. Some may want complete privacy and that's fine but still be cautious. Always give it a few days before friending.....I always check out someone before accepting. Frankly, if it's private....I pass....
JMO
D
staygolden3
staygolden3

You bet!!!!!! That's what friends are for!!!
:)
Darcie
myhusbandisanangel
myhusbandisanangel

Thank you Karen I appreciate your support. Hugs
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • avmom

goodbyes

I was watching this TV show yesterday and this lady was talking about how her husband had said his goodbyes to her before he died. It really made think that I never got that. The funny thing is I could have. My husband died over four months ago, he spent two weeks in the hospital.  On the 8th day there the doctor told me he only had 48 hours to live and I should bring my kids in to say goodbye....
  • handg

Today

4.5 years into losing him there I was, taking a bath with music on when Michael Bubble started singing "Put your head on my shoulder" . That wa sit, images of us dancing slowly had me in emotional turmoil ...Grief attack !They are part of our new normal even 4.5 years in...It does not mean that I ham not healing and that I am not moving forward. It means that he lived and was part of my...