Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

1 Online

Happy to know I'm not alone with my "secret"

I found this group because I googled "blood roots" and found images of EXACTLY the type of root I seek when pullling. Also found the name given to them, Edematous. Then found posts from this group and knew I had found others who "get it". Trying to explain the, for lack of a better word for me, POSSESSION, that comes over me when I start, to a person who has never done it or could conceivably understand, is shaming and frustrating. "Normal" people would not take absolute joy in finding that special root that has traces of blood and is completely opaque and need a magnifying glass with extra magnification to study it from all angles. I AM NORMAL. My fellow sufferers are normal; we just have a need, for an as yet unverified reason, to remove these hairs from our body. I am going to try MSM AND VITAMIN C (ascorbic acid) combo as posted by other users to see if it helps with urges and also regrowth. I have pulled off and on from the same spot over a 40 year stretch that all of the hair that grows back are white and the rest of my hair is brown. Praying for some relief...