Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

0 Online

had to try something new

Hello everyone. I am a 20 year old college student who has been pulling my eyelashes for 10 years. I have been doing really well recently and had pretty much full growth back, until today. I am studying for finals, and I know that I pull most when I'm studying but haven't found a way to control myself yet, and so I pulled out most of my upper eyelashes. I was doing so well and now I'm literally back to square one, it makes me hate myself so much. I stumbled upon this site and thought I would give it a go to at least have people that understand how discouraging this is.

Replies

pinkhairfire
pinkhairfire

I'm only 14 but I started pulling 3 years ago. I had no eyebrows then no eyelashes and I looked like a freak. Then I was able to control myself and they grew back nicely. I told myself I would never do it again yet here I am again with no eyelashes. I wear fake ones so people won't know. I don't want this burden forever and nobody understands. I tried reaching out to my dad for help but he said "get over it" I just want someone to understand it's not something that's easy to control and how much it really affects me. :(