Tinnitus Support Group

Tinnitus, "ringing ears" or ear noise, is a phenomenon of the nervous system connected to the ear, characterised by perception of a ringing, beating or roaring sound with no external source. Tinnitus can be objective (perceived by a clinician) or subjective (perceived only by the patient).

0 Online
0 Online

Has anyone tried Vinposetine?

A friend recommended this supplement to optimize brain function and when I looked at the reviews online, I found that Tinnitus was listed as being one of the medical conditions it may help.
Link: http://www.brainpower.org/research/vinpocetine.html

Vinposetine review:

While many medical studies are still being conducted, preliminary research indicates that vinpocetine is helpful with a number of diseases and conditions, including:

Age-related memory impairment,
Alzheimer's disease,
Clinical depression,
Conditions after a stroke,
Tinnitus,
Tremors,
Ulcers,
Vascular dementia, and
Vision conditions.

This supplement is available with a prescription in Japan and Europe, but it's over the counter in the US and Canada.

Has anyone tried this?

Replies

Petloy
Petloy

Haven't yet but I think I will
deleted_user
deleted_user

I purchased it. I'm finishing off ginko, magnesium, selatonin and picamillon before I start it. I have so many supplements I could start a store!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Dr oz did a thing on it on his show. I read a site with 4 reviews . 2 people said it didn't work and 2 said it quieted t down significantly .
BluOcean
BluOcean

>Suera, please let me know if this works for you when you do try it. Thanks everyone for the feedback!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Tried it for about 6 weeks. No effect for me
McMurdo
McMurdo

Tried it for several months. No effect for me. Do a search for it in the lower search bar on this page and see what others in the past have said about using it.
DarkSON
DarkSON

Didnt work for me!
bebee
bebee

Useless....
Petloy
Petloy

How about N-acetylcysteine? does it help?
dgn58
dgn58

Did not work for me.