The Den Community Group

Pull up a chair and put your feet up. Lie down if necessary! :)

1 Online

Thomas Jefferson

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend."
Thomas Jefferson

Replies

BarbaraJean00
BarbaraJean00

There are a few of us left who agree with Jefferson on this one.... unfortunately, the times, they are a changin".
patti22
patti22

I do. I've cut off acquaintances who've expressed that they agreed with the KKK.

But aside from that I'm on good terms with people with a wide range of opinions, backgrounds, and positions. I've been to whole-in-the-wall (literally) bars, and symphonies and enjoyed them both. People are pretty much people.
dailystrength1927
dailystrength1927

"The policy of the American government is to leave their citizens free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits."
Thomas Jefferson
starbright1949
starbright1949

wowo never thought of that one but the KKK wld be a great issue right there.
PapaPolarBear
PapaPolarBear

I think Jefferson may have been thinking of legitimate discourse, not the crazies.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • idajoy

OT Concerning Quincy

My heart is broken today. When my granddaughter came over this morning, Quincy growled and lunged and tried to bite her in the face. I caught his collar in the nick of time. He has been growling at my husband for a few weeks, and has recently started growling and barking at the neighbors. Or others walking their dogs. I have always said i said I could not keep a dog who would bite my...
  • alextransy

Unsupporting parents.

hello. I am Alex. I am a trans male and my parents don't support me. I'm scared of going out in public with my parents because what if I see someone i know and they call me he-him. My parents always correct people of my gender (to she-her) no matter who I'm with. I get constant anxiety moments when I'm going in public. I don't know how to get them to support me. Or to guide them to using my...