Here's everything that's happened this past week in the wonderful world of Celebrity, in case you missed it! Feel free to comment on any of this week's "Star News", or share some celebrity news you heard from this past week that didn't get a mention here...
THIS WEEK’S BIGGEST HEADLINES:
- Actress JENNIFER ANISTON is tired of all the pregnancy rumors and the body shaming that comes with them. The actress wrote an essay for the Huffington Post this week to “put an end to the scrutiny and body shaming” she has been experiencing. Aniston says she generally does not address gossip but she’s “fed up” with “being harassed by dozens of aggressive photographers” every time a pregnancy rumor swirls. She went on to write, “the objectification and scrutiny we put women through is absurd and disturbing” and “the message that girls are not pretty unless they’re incredibly thing… is something we’re all willingly buying into.” Actress MELISSA MCCARTHY, model CHRISSY TEIGEN, and Aniston’s actor/screenwriter husband JUSTIN THEROUX have all voiced support for Aniston’s essay comments.
- Reports claim actors BEN AFFLECK and JENNIFER GARNER are considering putting their divorce plans on hold; whether it is in an attempt at reconciliation or just because they are focusing on their children at the moment is unclear.
- Singer RIHANNA’s rep confirmed she is safe in Nice, France, following a Bastille Day truck attack that left nearly 80 revelers dead. Rihanna had a concert scheduled in Nice; it has been cancelled due to the attack. The cast of the next “Fifty Shades of Grey” installment, including actors JAMIE DORNAN and DAKOTA JOHNSON, and the film’s crew are also reportedly safe following the attack; the film is currently in production in the South of France.
- Actor/Comedian DL HUGHLEY made headlines thanks to an appearance on the Fox News series “The Kelly File” for getting into a heated debate with the show’s host, MEGYN KELLY. There to speak about his new book about President Obama, Hughley wound up getting engaged in a debate about recent police officer involved shootings of black men. In the argument, Hughley stated, “No matter what happens, no matter what we see, the cops are given a presumption of innocence. If the same tape showed a suspect doing something, that would be all the prosecution would need. They’d say, ‘All the evidence is right here.’” Hughley was outraged by Kelly’s argument that race shouldn’t be an assumed factor or motive and after Kelly suggested withholding judgment until the Department of Justice’s findings are released he exclaimed, “Wow! The only place in America where racism doesn’t exist is Fox News and the police department.”
- Actress TORI SPELLING and her actor husband DEAN MCDERMOTT reportedly owe more than $250k in taxes. The state of California has hit the couple with a tax lien for the unpaid amount dating back to 2014. The couple was also recently sued over an unpaid credit card balance of over $37k. Spelling insists she and her husband are doing fine financially despite these stories.
“Two Broke Girls” actress BETH BEHRS got engaged to former “Mad Men” actor MICHAEL GLADIS. The couple have reportedly been dating for six years.
Actor GEORGE CLOONEY and his lawyer wife Amal obtained a restraining order against a man who has allegedly been threatening both of them… “So You Think You Can Dance” season 4 winner JOSHUA ALLEN has been charged with domestic abuse and could face over 10 years in prison. Allen is potentially facing two felony counts of willfully injured his girlfriend after a prior conviction and one felony count of assault.
BABY NEWS :
Rolling Stones frontman MICK JAGGER announced he is expecting his first child with ballerina Melanie Hamrick. Jagger, who is 72, has 7 children already from previous relationships, but this will apparently be the first child for Hamrick, who is 29… Recently retired LA Lakers basketball player KOBE BRYANT and his wife Vanessa announced they are expecting their third child, a girl. The couple have two daughters.
Rapper LIL WAYNE was hospitalized again this past week following another seizure. Wayne was sent to the ICU after suffering what was reportedly a severe seizure just moments before he was due to perform in Las Vegas. Doctors concluded the seizure was due to an issue with the medication he takes for Epilepsy. The rapper has since been released and is reportedly resting in Miami… Aerosmith guitarist JOE PERRY collapsed on stage during a performance with his current side-project band The Hollywood Vampires. Some reports claim Perry was not only unresponsive but also required CPR to be revived. Perry was hospitalized briefly; The Hollywood Vampires cancelled a scheduled tv appearance following Perry’s health scare but will not cancel their tour.
Oscar-nominated director HECTOR BABENCO, best known for directing “Kiss of the Spider Woman”, died following a heart attack. He was 70.
A few studios have announced plans to go ahead and release new films in theaters again come July. And while movie theater companies for their part have stated they will clean theaters thoroughly between showings and will enforce social distancing within the theater (so no more packed showings)it is still a question as to whether fans will return to the movie theaters to see new films or if they...
Time for some more humble bragging! What did you accomplish this weekend?Finish a project or maybe just finished all the leftovers in your fridge? Catch up on some correspondence or perhaps some much needed sleep? Knock some chores off your to-do-list or just manage to finally get around to making a to-do list?Whatever it is,...