Ive recently been in hospital as I had gone into retention of the bladder. I am boarderline between SBO and SBM. I have spinal tethering, a lypoma in the L2,3,4 with the main nerves and spinal thingys going through the center of the lump. I had surgery in 1991 to remove partial lump. but now I have lost complete bladder sensation, which started with incontinence and now I have to catharterise. I need my spine strengthening. When in hospital I was offered surgery with a 30% chance it would help. and 70% of no change or worse. I declined the operation as when I was previously operated on I had a spinal drain and leaked spinal fluid. There is a high chance of that happening again. Ive been given a year and they will not be able to do anything to help. I was also offered a gastric bypass operation to reduce weight. which i went for. the hope is if I loose the weight then most of the problems should right themselves. as for my bladder urodynamics showed its completley shot and wont get better. I dont know if I made the right choice. what would you guys have done. I am heavily overweight and yes Im aware it wont be helping but everything cant be down to my weight which is what I was originally told. Im confused with it all.
Posts You May Be Interested In
A friend sent this to me..As far as I can see, grief will never truly end.It may become softer overtime, more gentleand some days will feel sharp.But grief will last as long as Love does - ForeverIt's simply the way the absence of your loved onemanifests in your heart. A deep longing accompaniedby the deepest Love some days. The heavy fog mayreturn and the next day, it may recede.Once again, it's...
Today is my 25th birthday, to my somewhat lack of surprise I can see already no one really seems to care. I've always been the kinda person to make sure that everyone I Care about feels appreciated and knew somebody had their back. I can count 4 times this year when I Went out of my way to make sure a "friend" felt good on their birthday, especially if they got left hanging. Its early in the...