Social Security Disablity Community Group

This is for any one that has found themselves in the long wait for Soicial Security. Any one that has gone through this process or is in the middle of it. Venting is allowed.

0 Online

what happens after 3 years

I was approved for SSD for 3 years. Do I have to go through the paperwork every 3 years? Is this the normal?

I do not have a specific answer here for you. I hope you do not mind if I ask why the approval for 3 years? I know there are situations that are time limits as when they expect your illness, etc. to get better and it would have been documented that it was expected that you would get better.

Did you have an attorney when you were approved? If yes, then I would ask them what the steps are and they should be willing to advise you about that. If not, I would make an appt with your local office and go in and talk to them direct about your case and ask what the procedure will be. YOu need specific information from them and not any second hand info. NOt that there isn't some very good info here and on other forums but your case is specific to you.

They may just need new paperwork and documentation for your Dr's so I hope you have regular appts regarding your health if you need to continue on disability after the 3 years. I would imagine that will play a big part in having your SSDI benefits continue. If you have not needed medical care, etc. they may assume you are well enough to go back to work,e tc. See what I am getting at?

I hope this will help a little bit. FaithVA and others here usually have some really good input but I have not seen much from him lately. HOpe he is doing well. He has been a real asset to the board here.

Good luck to you. And let us know what you find out as this is something we do not come across everyday and it will be good to know what you are told.

CDR/Continuing Disability Reviews â?? As long as you are receiving Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) you will be subject to periodic reviews of your claim by Social Security. These will happen every 2-7 years following their most recent decision, based on the type of disability you have, unless you have a terminal illness where your life expectancy is under the 2 year period. These periodic reviews will continue until you reach retirement age, at which point your Social Security Disability benefits automatically turn into regular Social Security retirement benefits and the reviews will stop. It is very important to get in the habit, especially while collecting Social Security Disability/SSI benefits, to see your doctors on a regular basis and get copies of ALL your medical records EVERYTIME you see a doctor or have a test, for the rest of your life. These records will be a very valuable tool when these reviews come up to in order to prove that you are still disabled and eligible to continue to receive Social Security Disability benefits.

I receive Social Security disability benefits. Will my Social Security benefits change when I turn full retirement age?
Is there a time limit on Social Security disability benefits?
How We Decide If You Are Still Disabled
Reviewing Your Medical Condition
404.1598 If You Become Disabled By Another Impairment(s)
416.990 When And How Often We Will Conduct A Continuing Disability Review
416.994 How We Will Decide Whether Your Disability Continues Or Ends Disabled Adults
Your Continuing Eligibility For Benefits
Reviewing Your Disability
DI 28001.001 What is a Continuing Disability Review (CDR)?
What Can Cause Benefits To Stop
Reviewing Your Disability and Cessation of Benefits What You Need To Know Reviewing Your Disability The Continuing Disability Review
Social Security Continuing Disability Reviews (CDRs)
404.1594 How We Will Determine Whether Your Disability Continues Or Ends
404.1595 When We Determine That You Are Not Now Disabled
404.1596 Circumstances Under Which We May Suspend Your Benefits Before We Make A Determination
404.1597 After We Make A Determination That You Are Not Now Disabled
404.1597A Continued Benefits Pending Appeal Of A Medical Cessation Determination
404.1598 If You Become Disabled By Another Impairment(s)
DI 28005.010 CDR Evaluation Process - Title II and Adult Title XVI Beneficiary - Summary Chart
DI 28005.015 CDR Evaluation Process - Step-by-Step Discussion DI 28001.020 Frequency of CDRs DI 28001.015 Kinds of Events That May Initiate a CDR DI 26525.001 Scheduling Continuing Disability Reviews (CDRs) - General Policies
Your Right To Question The Decision To Stop Your Disability Benefits
Social Security Disability Program Operations Manual - DI 405 - Processing Continuing Disability Review Cases
DI 28001.003 An Overview of Processing Continuing Disability Review (CDR) Mailer Forms SSA-455 and SSA-455-OCR-SM
DI 13004.000 The CDR Mailer Process - Forms SSA-455 and SSA-455-OCR-SM
DI 13004.005 An Overview of Processing Continuing Disability Review (CDR) Mailer Forms SSA-455 and SSA-455-OCR-SM
DI 13005.040 Completion of Form SSA-454-BK (Report of Continuing Disability Interview)
DI 40502.001 Processing Center Instructions for the Continuing Disability Review Mailer Forms SSA-455 and SSA-455-OCR-SM
DI 13095.155 SSA-L1013 â?? CDR Continuing Disability Review (Continuance Notice - Title II)
SSA-789-U4 â?? Disability Cessation â?? Request For Reconsideration â?? Right To Appear
I-2-8-6. Benefit Continuation Until Hearing Decision
416.989A We May Conduct A Review To Find Out Whether You Continue To Be Blind
416.986 Why And When We Will Find That You Are No Longer Entitled To Benefits Based On Statutory Blindness.
Protection From Medical Continuing Disability Reviews
SSD â?? CDR Codes:
MIE = Medical Improvement Expected â?? Review in 18 months
MIP = Medical Improvement Possible â?? Review in 36 months
MINE = Medical Improvement Not Expected â?? Review in 5-7 years