Sjogren's Syndrome Support Group

Sjogren's syndrome is an autoimmune disorder in which immune cells attack and destroy the exocrine glands that produce tears and saliva. It also associated with rheumatic disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, and it is rheumatoid factor positive in 90 percent of cases.

0 Online
0 Online

menstrual cycle

Is it just me or does your menstrual cycle make SS symptoms worse? The entire week before and week of are horrible for me!!

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

I notice that im bad one week before..i feel so much worse and when i am on my period..its awful...ive had cysts too and endometriosis..not fun..huggs
deleted_user
deleted_user

I too have a few horrible days before my period and when I'm ovulating. Extremely fatigued, achy and sleepy. Some months are worse than others.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I can't really say as I had a complete hysterectomy in 2004 and was only diagnosed 2 years later. I do remember when my daughter was pregnant, she asked her OB if she thought the sjogrens was hereditary and if she needed to be tested for it (in case it would make her pregnancy harder). The doctor told her that hormone level changes during pregnancy tend to decrease autoimmune disorder symptoms. So I definately think that hormone levels make a difference.
DeetyB
DeetyB

I have the same thing. Since it seems to hit women hard after 40 I'm thinking too that the hormones whack everything out of joint. Way to make PMS even more fun, eh girls?
deleted_user
deleted_user

don't know if this is of any help to you, but i found this tonight,
http://www.sjogrensyndrom.se/100-site/spdfs/S7.pdf
deleted_user
deleted_user

Has any1 missed a period? My dd missed her period for 3 months, no pain no abnormal symptoms....she got it back this month. Doctors don't know y, but told me to keep a monthly log to c a pattern.