Shingles Support Group

Herpes zoster, colloquially known as shingles, is the reactivation of varicella zoster virus, leading to a crop of painful blisters over the area of a dermatome. It occurs very rarely in children and adults, but its incidence is high in the elderly (over 60), as well as in any age group of immunocompromised patients.

0 Online
0 Online

what does healing shingles look like?

hey guys just wondering what shingles looks like as its healing? my once inflamed blisters are now flat and starting to look like scabs. Does this mean the rash will be gone soon? thanks!

Replies

linoblockartist
linoblockartist

Yes! That's a good sign if they are turning dark red and kind of flattening out. At least from my experience. How are your headaches and pain? Better? Once the blisters began to heal, I did get some itchiness that drove me crazy for a short period of time. If that happens, just know it doesn't last. (Again, that was my experience. I don't know about yours...) I found that Lanacane worked as good as anything. I think you are doing really well, and things are on the mend for you. Glad to hear it...
deleted_user
deleted_user

yep, they are getting better.....do not pick....i don't care if they are flapping in the breeze.....do not pick.

i alway have my "red spot" i think it actually a scar from my first and worst breakout, when i thought i had been bitten by a brown recluse spider!!