Shingles Support Group

Herpes zoster, colloquially known as shingles, is the reactivation of varicella zoster virus, leading to a crop of painful blisters over the area of a dermatome. It occurs very rarely in children and adults, but its incidence is high in the elderly (over 60), as well as in any age group of immunocompromised patients.

0 Online
0 Online

So tired!

How long do you feel so sleepy and tired after shingles? I still have some pain but I can hardly move sometimes I am so tired and I need to go back to work. I have been off a month and now my lesions are drying I need to get back to work but I have NO energy, Along with some residual pain. How long do you go before feel "normal"?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

Takes a lot out of you hey,be sure to be good to yourself,lots of water,good food and sleep when you need to.
Every case is different,and ive found to stay away from negative people.
:)
deleted_user
deleted_user

Have your doc check your meds. If you are taking some for pain, some of them make you tired. My shingles started July 2,2008. The blisters healed in a week but I have postherpetic neuralgia. I was only able to sleep a few hours at a time as I had the rash on my forehead and scalp and I woke up everytime I turned over. Doc gave me Ambien CR and it has been great. Sleeping a full night is amazing. I never thought that this would last so long but each day it gets a tiny bit better.