Shingles Support Group

Herpes zoster, colloquially known as shingles, is the reactivation of varicella zoster virus, leading to a crop of painful blisters over the area of a dermatome. It occurs very rarely in children and adults, but its incidence is high in the elderly (over 60), as well as in any age group of immunocompromised patients.

0 Online

SHINGLES AND HAIR COLORING

I am recovering from shingles, which I had five weeks ago. What I am seeking help with is, when is it safe to have my hair colored? All my scabs have disappeared, leaving red spots on my skin, with a slight raised bump in each red spot. Has anyone had any experience with professional hair coloring/bleaching after shingles? I would appreciate knowing about your experience, and any advice you may have. Thanks

Replies

Julia1953
Julia1953

My dermatologist advised me to wait "at least 3 months" after I had shingles to color my hair, and she knew I only used Loving Care, which is VERY gentle, and washes out in 6 shampoos. If I were you, I'd wait, I'd be afraid to do ANYTHING that might irritate those spots.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • juliettagirl

eternal phn

Helo Friends,I have posted here since my phn in April 2012.I am still suffering. My head is still numb and feels like it is ina paper shredder.Are there sufferers out there in pain for this long a duration ormore?I am beginning to think I will never feel normal again and I will have to live this way until I die. I am now 67.Can anyone on this list share their long-terme experiences. Has it gotten...