Separation Anxiety Support Group

Separation anxiety disorder (or simply separation anxiety) is a psychological condition in which an individual has excessive anxiety regarding separation from home or from people to whom the individual has a strong emotional attachment, which can occur at all ages and in many situations.

0 Online

Relationship ended

I'm looking for support from people who are or have been going throught a break-up when they have seperation anxiety.

My anxiety suffocated my boyfriend for the 6 years we were together. He also has anger issues which were then triggered by feeling trapped by my anxieties - it was a horrible and visious cycle.

Part of me knows that this is for the best, but I cannot bear the thought of him moving away from our home. I just want to feel secure and stable, as I am now in counselling and trying to deal with the issues - but I'm finding this so hard with the break up and him being so adament about moving away from me ASAP.

I'm a bit gutted that it took me so long to realise that my behaviour was not normal, and feel cheated that now the only way I can show that I'm getting better is to let him go and lose him forever. It's a catch 22 situation, and I am starting to want to cling onto him - which will only make him go even sooner.

I would love any advice from people who have been in this situation or anyone who is willing to talk to me occasionally while I get through this.

Thank you. x