I was just diagnosed with ra 6 months ago. I am considering starting methotrexate, but wondering if it is worth it. My symptoms started while I was pregnant with my third child, once she was born things immediately worsened. I had joint pain and swelling all over and could not move. I could not even pick up my newborn without severe pain. I needed help with everything. My liver test were elevated for a few months for unknown reasons, so I could not start any meds other than prednisone. Once the tests came back to normal I started enbrel. I have had great improvement on enbrel. Most joints are back to normal, however, my ankles are still very swollen and stiff, and I have problems with my right wrist. I work as a medical assistant in a pediatric office, and my rheumatologist will not release me to full duties untill my swelling goes down more, so I am now stuck on the phones only and do not get to do much pt care. I am also running into difficulty with the weather becoming nicer, I have three kids and we are busy in the summer. I can not walk in the grass, and get pain after walking for awhile on flat ground. Is there any hope in becoming completely symptom free? My rheumatologist wants to start me on methotrexate, but I am a little nervous about this. I have picked up the script 2 weeks ago, but have not started it yet. any advice. I wonder what will happen if I dont try it and leave my ankles swollen as bad as they are, will that cause damage? Is it possible to become symptom free with the right meds?
Posts You May Be Interested In
I'm trying to exercise daily. I was doing fairly well until I sprained my ankle 2 weeks ago but now I'm getting back on the horse. Today I walked over a mile with my arm weights that are about 22lbs total. I was out of shape and it was hard on my arms. I also did my 30 situps. I'm also going to drink a lot of water and try to eat healthy. I do tend to have a sweet tooth but I'm cutting...
Has anyone switched from spiriva and to what, if so. Was the new med as effective as spiriva? My part d plan will no cover it next year and I'm trying to figure out if I. Should go from an advantage plan or straight medicare with part d. I really need help deciding