Retinal Detachment Support Group

Retinal detachment is a disorder of the eye in which the retina peels away from its underlying layer of support tissue. Initial detachment may be localized, but without rapid treatment the entire retina may detach, leading to vision loss and blindness. Occasionally, injury or trauma to the eye or head may cause a small tear in the retina, which allows fluid to seep through, and peel it away like a bubble in wallpaper.

1 Online
1 Online

eye tumor

I was just told that I have a tumor behind my left retina. It can be removed with laser & 'sucking' it out with a needle. Ummmm.... NO...no needles are going in MY eyeball.... lol I was wondering if anyone has had this & what your experience was. When I was told about the procedure, being put to sleep wasn't mentioned as an option. I can't even imagine.....
A needle inserted in the eye!!!! I just don't think I can do it.
Anyone else out there???? Help!!!!!

Replies

thewalker
thewalker

I had eye surgery several times and they numb your eye up so that you can't feel a thing and they will give you some kind of iv tranquillizer so you are not out of your mind with anxiety.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Thanks... can't imagine getting a needle stuck in the eye without freaking out...lol