Pseudotumor Cerebri Support Group

Pseudotumor cerebri (PTC) is a neurological disorder that is characterized by increased intracranial pressure, in the absence of a tumor or other diseases affecting the brain or its lining. Diagnosis requires brain scans and lumbar puncture. Characteristic symptoms are headache, transient visual obscurations or transient visual loss in one or both eyes usually lasting seconds, pulse synchronous tinnitus (a "wooshing noise" in the ear), and double vision.

0 Online

Message/Info board on Yuku

Hi guys,

I was invited to join an unrelated board on Yuku today and in trying to sign up and find that board (which turned out to be something I wasn't interested in joining after all), I ran across this:

and wanted to share it. It looks like it has some good info (headings: drugs, lumbar puncture, PTC & pregnancy, Men & PTC, shunts, diet/exercise, financial assistance, coping with visual loss, disability.....) and different patient experiences.

I'm new to yuku and I can't tell how active this board is, but I was excited to see that a board even existed since there seems to be so little info out there to help us educate ourselves, so I wanted to share it for anyone who's interested.

thank you Red, I used to go on that board before I found this one, they have a lot of good articles posted and be sure to use their search engine since before they were on yuku they were a MSN group and brought over the old posts from the MSN group on IH.