Pregnancy Support Group

Welcome to the waiting room for anticipating moms and dads. Whether you're expecting your first or a new little brother or sister, meet other parents in this community who are also looking forward to a new addition to the family.

0 Online

Baby's Heart Rate? Boy or Girl?

I went to the Dr. today and the baby's HR was 154. i dont get to do my Gender ultrasound until march 11th its driving me nuts not knowing if its a boy or girl lol.
what was you babys hr and was it boy or girl

Replies

nikki20
nikki20

My son was between 155 and 160. I am still anxiously awaiting to hear this little ones heart. Such a beautiful time to be. Congratulations
deleted_user
deleted_user

According to the old wives tales anything about 140 means its a girl but you know those aren't too accurate. Mine was 162 and its a girl :) good luck!!
deleted_user
deleted_user

I've always heard that if it's high it's a girl. but my first ultrasound showed a hb of 171, and we're having a boy. his rate has also been in the 40's and 50's. i don't think you can actually tell by that. but it's fun to imagine!
deleted_user
deleted_user

168 and a boy
deleted_user
deleted_user

My little boys heartbeat has started out in the 180's and has regulated into the 150's. So according to the old wives tale, I should be having a girl but he is definetly a boy.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I've hear higher heart rates indicate a girl, but our baby's heart rate was on the lower end and it's a girl :)
deleted_user
deleted_user

With my son his HB was always around 160-170
with my daughter her HB is always in the 130's and 140's.
Good luck :)
deleted_user
deleted_user

My baby's heartrate has been about 154 every time and I'm having a girl!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Our baby was ALWAYS high early on (170;s) and is now around 140 or so. The doc said that lower heart rates are indicative of boys but only in the last trimester. Sure enough, we're having a boy!
lvnikita
lvnikita

I am definitely having a boy and his heart rate has always been in the 150-160s until recently... I am now 31 weeks and a few days and it was 140s at my last appt on Tuesday.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I think you are just going to have to wait until March 11. From all the replys you can see there really is no corelation. My little girl's at 30 weeks was in the 140s. I think that "old wive's tale" was based on the idea that girls tend to be smaller so they have higher heart rates and big boys have lower heart rates.
deleted_user
deleted_user

My boys heartrate was 140. I'm 21 weeks.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Mine started out low 140's but has regulated out at 150/151 and we are having a girl!!! Good luck and congrats!!
deleted_user
deleted_user

My babys hr was usually between 160-166 and we are going to be blessed with a boy!!
However I dont think this is going to help you out a whole lot.
Dont worry about rushing it. You will find out in time and it is wonderful! Its undescribable joy the day the doctor tells you! You'll get there dont worry!!