Pre-menstrual Syndrome (PMS) Support Group

Premenstrual Stress Syndrome (PMS) is stress which is a physical symptom prior to the onset of menstruation. PMS is exceedingly common, occurring in 75% of women of reproductive age during their lifetime, characterized by symptoms of mood swings, depression, anxiety and irritability. It is often accompanied by physical symptoms such as bloating and cramping.

0 Online
0 Online

Tachycardia During Ovulation or PMS?

Please tell me I am not alone in this; I have had a problem with tachycardia for awhile and have been taking note of when it occurs and it seems to me that it might be happening when I am ovulating or having PMS. Now my periods are VERY irregular, I am having PMS already I think (or in my case PMDD). Does this happen to anyone else. I would just sleep better at night if I knew I was not alone with this issue.

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

Hm! What I know happens with me is that when I am prementrual, I often get a transient benign chest wall pain, like a sting. That and bradycardia induced by stress - that's all I know I have. I haven't even thought of pinning it down to menstruation and cycle...

Hill
deleted_user
deleted_user

I often get tachycardia and a near-fainting feeling. I can often be sitting still and hit a HR of 120 at least. Despite cardiac workups - there's nothing wrong with my heart - it's all related to the hormone surges.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Tachycardia is most common on day #28 of the menstrual cycle.
Small blood clots migrate into heart valves and can cause tachycardia and / or other symptoms including panic anxiety attacks and insomnia. These discoveries are outlined at a new website called http://www.thrombo.info

Dr Bode
deleted_user
deleted_user

Yes and Yes!!! I already had anxiety before i even started to experience PMDD and got tachycardia..it has been bad this go around and its scary as hell.
wildorchid81
wildorchid81

You're definitely not alone in this. I spent months in and out of the ER before I started charting when this would happen. I would be sitting at my desk (no stress, no anxiety, no worries) and my heart rate would increase to 120-140 and I would get really dizzy. Usually happens around ovulation and anywhere from a few days before to the day of my period. Naturopath told me it was just hormone surges. Some of us are just more sensitive than others.