Pre-menstrual Syndrome (PMS) Support Group

Premenstrual Stress Syndrome (PMS) is stress which is a physical symptom prior to the onset of menstruation. PMS is exceedingly common, occurring in 75% of women of reproductive age during their lifetime, characterized by symptoms of mood swings, depression, anxiety and irritability. It is often accompanied by physical symptoms such as bloating and cramping.

0 Online
0 Online

weight gain

does any one gain weight before there period I gain about 4lbs
and get very tearful.

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

I seem to gain at least 5 pounds and yes, it stinks, but I have to remember it's water weight and it will go back down.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have that problem too. I gain about 3 lbs, and feel bloated. Sometimes, I too notice that I get extra sensitive about things and start crying abt something I wouldn't normally cry abt.
cath04
cath04

Oh yes, that all sounds very very familiar. I can put on anywhere between 2 and 5 pounds before I'm due, normally disappears again rather rapidly once the period kicks off and definitely by the end of it. Very tearful would be one word for it. I suffer with depression anyway, but even my anti-depressants don't control the mood dip I get before I'm due on, tearful is one of the things I definitely get, moody, teasy, irritable as well. Normally once the period kicks off these things ease off, just in time for the pain to kick in !!!!!

Whoever created us women, must have been male - he would never have given a man all this to deal with every month - they never would have coped !!!!!!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Oh yes, and I feel EXTREMELY bloated too. I can't even button my jeans when I'm PMSing.