Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Support Group

Find support with others who have gone through a traumatic experience. Whether you have chronic or acute PTSD, we are here for you.

8 Online

Sick

I am sick and ill in hospital it's my tummy. I don't like hospitals but they has given me lots of drugs yo make meverycalm if I'm not calm they can't make me better. 

Replies

lilmissy7
lilmissy7

I'm so sorry Ash. I'm glad you're with doctors at the moment so they can take care of you & help you. I hope you feel better soon.
Lots of support & healing hugs <3
jewells1
jewells1

Hugs Ash. I don't like hospitals either, but they are there to help. Did you bring anything for comfort, a stuffed animal or special blanket? If not maybe grams can get it for you depending on how long you are in. Hopefully it won't be long but I am glad you brought us with you.
J
arfie
arfie

By the time you have your vet qualifications, you'll have a deeper understanding of how important that calm is to the healing process. I don't like hospitals, either, but I like pain even less.

May this time tomorrow find you with one less major pain in your life.
jewells1
jewells1

how about an imaginary fly on my dragon? and walk with her through the land just seeing all the soft beauty?
I loan her out occasionally I think you could use her for now.
Hugs J.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZYbU82GVz4
Ash
Ash

I just want to go home :( I can't go home until I eat and use the bathroom but I can't eat. The nurses do not like me.
patti22
patti22

What makes you think that they don't like you?
Ash
Ash

Because one said I should just get on and eat because I'm taking up a space for someone who is actually sick.
patti22
patti22

Tell the doctor what she said to you.

(What she said wasn't right. It's HER issue not yours. Someone will hopefully talk to her and help her understand that there's a better way.)
DanceStrong
DanceStrong

The nurses are just busy. I'm sure it's not personal but I'm sorry they are so nasty. Big hugs Ash. Just take your time and the appetite will come. I can't eat when I'm really stressed either and I hate hospitals. Try a guided meditation for relaxation online maybe. Those really help me.
LillyPotter
LillyPotter

do they have the stuff that is like metamucil there? i wonder if they can ask your dr if you can have some of that with some jello or something ez to eat to help you get started eating??

maybe you can write them a nice note asking them just that? sometimes they get a lot nicer when they know how to communicate with you better. maybe you can help them to be nicer?? what do you think? maybe they have chocolate pudding??? or soup, soup might be easier to sip.
LillyPotter
LillyPotter

it is hard to be kind when someone was so mean to you, especially you feel so awful : ( i don't even know why i suggested it exactly.

i guess i was feeling like we know so much more about hurting and maybe they haven't a clue, you know what i mean? that doesn't mean we 'should' do anything special, only that sometimes we can.
Ash
Ash

:'( I just want to go home why can't they just let me go home I'm fine now I don't need to eat
LillyPotter
LillyPotter

hugs, little one.
arfie
arfie

Yes, Ashley, you DO need to eat. The sooner begun, the sooner done.

I'd fire a car mechanic who sent my car home without testing the fix first. I'd expect no less from a body mechanic (doctor).

Sorry the nurse is being mean. No excuse for that one.
patti22
patti22

What do you find hardest about eating? (This isn't to criticize, it's to help you find ways to cope.)
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • arfie

Name Calling

Been feeling anxious enough to revert back to my old habits of calling myself some incredibly mean names. I'm counting it as progress that those mean names now feel like acid in my mouth, but it remains a familiar acid and I am still saluting the self-abuse nag flag. Old habits die hard. These days I find myself believing the tired cliches from just about everywhere on my therapy support network...
  • lovelilbeany

My doctor

i dont know what my doctor is thinking. I cant decide if shes good or just pure shit. Is she right the lumps and pains in my neck are just fibro pains and right not giving me a mri? Xray was clear. Is she right giving me beta blockers for migraines when my blood pressure goes low frequently and often go faintish.  Is she right giving me 100 tramodol pills when i just told her in tears i feel...