Polycythemia Support Group

Polycythemia is a condition in which there is a net increase in the total circulating erythrocyte (red blood cell) mass of the body. There are several types of polycythemia. Primary polycythemia, often called polycythemia vera (PCV), polycythemia rubra vera (PRV), erythremia, or just PV, occurs when excess erythrocytes are produced as a result of a proliferative abnormality of the bone marrow.

0 Online
0 Online

airline travel with PV

Does anyone know if it is saf to fly overseas with pV?? what precautions do we need to take? thanks

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

My hemotologist wrote me a prescription for a blood thinning shot he said I would need to give myself before flying. I would check with your dr. about this shot for more information.. I have not needed to use it yet . Something to check into before you fly.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Thank you so much. Where do yo live?? I love that we are all from all over the world..
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi Alison, I just sent you a long reply to your last message, then I saw this. I am on a daily Aspirin - 75 mgs and this should help keep your blood thin. I haven't been told not to fly. Check with your doctor and look on the website I sent you - it is very helpful. Rosemary. x
deleted_user
deleted_user

Rosemary - Can you share that website? I am thinking of flying too...Thanks