Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Support Group

Polycythemia is a condition in which there is a net increase in the total circulating erythrocyte (red blood cell) mass of the body. Primary polycythemia occurs when excess erythrocytes are produced as a result of a proliferative abnormality of the bone marrow. Secondary polycythemia is caused by increases of erythropoietin that result in an increased production of erythrocytes.

0 Online

Raspberry Ketone???

Has anyone with PCOS tried Raspberry Ketone to lose weight?? I would be interested to hear if anyone has had success or adverse effects from it. I just bought some but Im always aprhensive to start new things :s

Thanks!

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

I saw it on Dr. Oz and wondered about it too!

Anyone have experience?
deleted_user
deleted_user

I heard about it too! I am thinking I might try it, if I do I will let you know what the results are like for me :)
deleted_user
deleted_user

I saw this on Dr Oz too! I was very interested myself! Sorry I cant offer an actual answer to your question, but I feel like wow Im not alone in wanting to try this! Good luck!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi! Where do you find this? It sounds interesting and would like to try it...I haven't tried it before, but maybe we could both try it and talk about our experience with it. Let me know and I'd be down to give it a try.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Ok!!! :) Im going for it!!!! :D @tutessie - I got it from a health food/supplement suplier, but I know you can also order it on line. Be aware of the ingredients... not too much fillers n crap. I started mine on Saturday morning, and as of today (day 5) I am down 3.5 lbs. Which does not seem like a lot but I have not lost even a single lb in over a year. I have read a lot about the benefits of RK's and aid with insulin issues is one of the benefits! YAY!!! I do believe that this is something that would need to be committed to for a longer term, I will continue to check in with my results. PS- I am also on Metformin- I have had no adverse issues with interactions (not to say that you shouldnt check in with your doctor). No gasteral issues, I have found myself a little more energetic, I also deal with chronic fatigue so it has been helpful. I am taking the Waistaway brand, but have heard great things about Rasperry Ketone Pure and Raspberry Ketone Plus!! Let me know how you find it tutessie!!! :)
deleted_user
deleted_user

I found mine at a health food store, I am on day 2....I will let you girls know if i have much luck with it :)
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi Girls! I haven't gone out to buy it, still trying to find the best place to buy it. I'll go tonight or tomorrow and see if Sprouts carries it. Wow Congrats on the loss, that's awesome!!! What are you doing for diet and exercise? I'm also on metformin. I'm constantly tired too!!!! I feel tired all the time and yawn a lot at work... What do you do for that??? Its great talking with someone who knows what I'm going through! I talked with my doctor about adding in natural supplements and he said it was fine and you shouldn't have any interactions :) How much do you take per day? Does it matter what time you take it etc?
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hey tutessie! THANKS! :) I am taking the WaistAway brand with RK and Green tea. I take 2 capsules a day, one with breakfast and one with lunch. Each capsule contains 300mg RK and 200mg Green tea. So in total I am at 600mgs of RK per day. I was advised not to take it in the evening because it can increase energy and hinder sleeping. So far I have not changed my diet or excersise, My job is NOT physical at all so i get next to none. However, I am meeting with a personal fitness coach next week to start a routine and to learn more about Low GI nutrition (which has been recommended for PCOS) So as it sits I am losing without changing anything but I hope to help the process along with some lifestyle changes as well.
I COMPLETELY relate with the fatigue! I am a counsellor for women who have survived abuse. It is HORRIBLE when I yawn in a session! i have yet to find a cure. I sleep 8-10 hrs a night and still feel wiped all day. I have mastered the technique of yawing with my mouth closed though! lol If you find anything to help lemme know! I will do yhe same!
And I agree!! This support networking has been a fantastic resource!! Im here anytime you wanna chat!! :) Keep me posted!!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi WannabeMuma! Your welcome, continue the good work! I was reading that you dont want to take more than 100mg because you just pee it out.... I wonder if thats true because you take more. I got some at sprouts and it doesnt have any green tea. I havent lost anything, but Ive only been taking it for two days lol. At least Im not gaining! Thats cool about getting a fitness coach! I want one! Yea Ive been reading a low gi diet is best. It makes sense to try that and they say to eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3. Yes fatigue is a big one I struggle with too!!! Wow Im impressed, havent been able to master that skill! I hate yawning at work, but cant help it. I usually drink some coffee to stay awake, but that doesnt really affect me, ( I dont know if thats good or bad). I will def let you know if I find something that helps with the tiredness. A friend was telling me that exercise increases your energy, but for me its hard to get motivated to do physical activity when Im so tired Thanks for the support and ditto if you ever wanna chat more. Oh do you have issues with excess facial hair? If so do you do anything for it?
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hello Again! Thank you for your words of encouragment! They mean alot and after my first session with my personal trainer I am going to NEED IT! lol She kicked my butt! But I just finished my first full routine at home all on my own lol it was a struggle but I made it and I am feeling so pumped right now! :D The latest weigh in revealed that I am now down 7lbs. Keep in mind I only started the work out yesterday so that 7 was what I attribute solely to the RK. As far as the dosage, I'm not too sure. i have been taking 600 (300/CAP x2) A few people I know have been trying various brands but they are lower dosages. 2 of my coworkers have since started the waistaway brand and are losing. Dont know if that helps but thats my experience so far. I've started being a little more concious of GI in my food choices. its tough at first but I think you start to get to know the healthier end of the spectrum. You can google GI food lists that break it down (I carry one on me now) And with encouragment from my PT I am attempting to severely cut out wheat (to aid with my fertility troubles). Thats tough bc I am a BREAD ADDICT!! So this week I am attempting to eat no bread or bagels.... once I master that i will eliminate something else. And the book- The GI Diest by Rick Gallop is proving to be a wonderful resource.
I understand your pain re: fatigue! I would say next to my fertilty struggles that would be one of my biggest complaints about PCOS. I cut out coffee a year ago, not all caffiene but coffe is a long lost friend to me! lol It was a struggle bc I was also quitting (on/off) smoking. Finally successful this January! :) Ive heard that exercise increases energy.. I'll keep you posted... day two and nothing yet :s The hair is a HUGE issue... I have had laser removal on my face, arms, shoulders back... but its not permanent :( so its a lot of maintenance... I dont really know what to do about it! :( Unfortuantey I resort to plucking out of desperation and have ended up with scarring.
Anyway... keep me posted on how you are making out! Best wishes
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi WannabeMuma,
Sorry it has taken me such a long time to respond! How's the pt going? Are you still doing it? Glad the RK is helping with weight loss. I havent had any success. Maybe Im taking the wrong brand.. I dont think it has helped at all. I lost a pound so far, but I think that might be more because of my physical activity. Ive meet with a trainer for 3 sessions so far and I worked out 5 days one week and Ive never done that before! The week after wasnt as good though, but Im meeting with her tonight to hopefully buy more sessions. Its sooo expensive though!! Yea Ive been trying to do the low gi thing too, but its very hard! Which edition do you have of the book? There are so many out there. I also wanted to get a low gi cookbook and that will help with recipes etc. Im not the best cook and need to learn how to cook more lol. Have you tried the gluten free bread? Udis has one that is pretty good. I hear ya, I love bread and pasta!! Congrats on quitting smoking that is awesome!!! I remember I tried it one time and couldnt stop coughing lol. It wasnt for me. I also heard that if you take Metformin that it depletes your B vitamins and that you might need to supplement them. I havent tired it yet, but I think that would help with low energy levels. Yea the hair is a MAJOR issue!! It makes me feel soo self conscious and bad about myself. Ive been doing some laser treatments, but havent noticed much of a difference yet, but Ive only done 4 sessions. I thought it was permanent, except that you have many follicles on your face and its near impossible to knock out all of them. Yea I pluck and shave every day! I also heard that alcohol can increase the male hormone and thus making the facial hair worse. Im trying to cut down. I dont have a ton, but I like wine and all the girlie drinks, especially on these hot summer days. Anyway keep me posted as well and good luck with everything. Doing anything fun this weekend? Hope you are well and talk to you soon
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi Tutessie! I completely get it! Life happens and I'm not too faithful to my computer these days too!! :) The PT is going great. I meet with her every Saturday morning and I work out at home about 3x week. I have been havinng luck with the RK... combined with the working out I've lost 12lbs. Its such a slow process but I have also completed a cycle of provera and clomid during all that. Which the PT says that the medication is bound to make it a slower tougher process. Oh well.... I will take 12! lol I havent been overly vigilant about low GI... all I have been focussing on is cutting out breads and super starchy foods... no potatoes, corn, carrots, etc...
As far as the laser removal, the woman I went to told me that with PCOS its an on going battle and I would need to come for regular "maintenance" treatments. That can get costly so I just handle it the best I can, but I am noticing scarring now form the plucking :( BE CAREFUL!!
I had a HORRIBLE time with my Metformin when the doctor bumped me from 1000mg/day to 2000. I was soooo sick and couldnt do it. So I am back down to 1000. but I think I might try to bump up to 1500 and add another pi;; in with my lunch. Makes me so nervous though! I could hardly function when it was increased before. I have tried B complex in the past but it did not agree with me so someone said I should just take a B12 and B6... worth a try I suppose! I
Good luck to you with your PT! I know its pricey, talk to them and see if there is anything they can do to make this a successful venture! I talked to mine and she knocked her price almost in half for the first 10 weeks. Cant hurt to try! I wish you all the best! If we lived closer we could work out together :) Jope to hear from you soon!
Take care!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hello! I found you when doing a random google search of both Metformin and Raspberry Ketones. I have PCOS and I'm a super researcher. I'm about 30-lb overweight, and the pounds started packing on around the time the mid-month pain and irregularity and facial hair all appeared, about 5-6 years ago. I've been on Met for about half a year now, and since then I've not lost an ounce, but my emotions have leveled out in a major way and I'm a bit more regular month to month, which is nice. I have been wanting to try the raspberry ketones, and I was wondering how things were going with you?? I'll be happy to post regularly letting y'all know what I'm doing and how things are going. I plan on picking some up in the next week or so.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Things are going well. I seem to have come to a bit of a stand still but I lost weight initially. Once the doctor increased my Met I couldnt hold any food down sp stopped takinf the ketones. I havent really been consitant so I account part of my stand still on that! I loved the ketones and plan to start back up! I will start on monday and keep you posted. I personally had no issues with it. Good luck with everything! I know how hard it can be. I still work out with a personal trainer 2x week but need to get back to my ketones too I think! :) Keep in touch!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Raspberry Ketone Pills - http://track.moreniche.com/hit.php?w=168081&s=171&a=7548 I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.