Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) Support Group

Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is a progressive, genetic disorder of the kidneys. It occurs in humans and other organisms. PKD is characterised by the presence of multiple cysts (polycystic) in both kidneys. The disease can also damage the liver, pancreas and rarely the heart and brain.

0 Online

my unborn baby with pkd

hello im 25 and  we just recently found out my baby has PKD during my 23 weeks ultrasound with no amniotic fluid.

Baby's heartbeat and movements are good. Me and my husband's sides doesnt have any history of PKD.

Does anyone have the same experience? I am hoping and praying for any chances of survival.

Any advice? or treatment to help my baby survive? Hoping someone could respond.

Badly needing support.

Regards,

Pearl

from Philippines

Replies

Chewitt
Chewitt

Hi Pearl,
This must be an extremely worrying time for you. I don't recall anyone posting here with a similar situation before, though there has recently been a post from a mother with a child who has PKD. There are so many variables involved that it's impossible to tell you what will happen but I know that babies do survive with PKD, including ARPKD, so keep hoping and we will hope with you.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • pkdpatient8

Antidepressant?

Anybody on antidepressants?  Which one is okay for PKD pateints to use?  Thanks!
  • ToughGirl

Family of PKD patients

Hello all, I am new to this support group but my family has been dealing with PKD (polycystic Kidney disease) for generations.  Mother, aunts, sister, bothers and even my children were diagonised already.  We are thankful for all the research and clinical trails that the medical community has been working on.  We have seen how this disease is similar and different at times for us all.  At...