Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) Support Group

Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is a progressive, genetic disorder of the kidneys. It occurs in humans and other organisms. PKD is characterised by the presence of multiple cysts (polycystic) in both kidneys. The disease can also damage the liver, pancreas and rarely the heart and brain.

0 Online

Hi

My name is Craig.I am 51 and in stage 5 due to ADPKD. I have began the transplant steps. Unfortunately I am O negative. 

Replies

Chewitt
Chewitt

Hi Craig,

Welcome to the group. What is your eGfr? I am at stage 4 (update on eGfr this week) and have been told I will probably need dialysis/transplant within 12-18 months. I haven't started down that path yet and it's something I need to get up to speed with. Are you hoping to find a living donor? I will not be able to do this because I will need a dual liver/kidney transplant. What is your health like generally and how are you feeling?

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Chewitt
enigmaticloner
enigmaticloner

Hello Craig, welcome to the group.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • And

Artificial Kidney Project

Hi Guys - not sure if you have read this before, but have posted about this on this forum earlier.The Artifical Kidney Project is all set to get into clinical in human trials early 2018! if all goes according to plan the device can be launched as early as 2020.I know this information is a big ray of hope for me. Initially, I didn't want to pin my hopes up on this project to be disappointed but...
  • And

Pregnancy &PKD

So I will either have a egg donor or PGD done for my second pregnancy. Can anyone share with me their pregnancy experience? Does Kidney function decline post pregnancy. I am 30 years old, good kidney functions with Mild hypertension.I have a child who is 3 years old and had an uneventful pregnancy and no loss in Kidney function although I was 3 years younger.