Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) Support Group

Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is a progressive, genetic disorder of the kidneys. It occurs in humans and other organisms. PKD is characterised by the presence of multiple cysts (polycystic) in both kidneys. The disease can also damage the liver, pancreas and rarely the heart and brain.

0 Online

Hi

My name is Craig.I am 51 and in stage 5 due to ADPKD. I have began the transplant steps. Unfortunately I am O negative. 

Replies

Chewitt
Chewitt

Hi Craig,

Welcome to the group. What is your eGfr? I am at stage 4 (update on eGfr this week) and have been told I will probably need dialysis/transplant within 12-18 months. I haven't started down that path yet and it's something I need to get up to speed with. Are you hoping to find a living donor? I will not be able to do this because I will need a dual liver/kidney transplant. What is your health like generally and how are you feeling?

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Chewitt
enigmaticloner
enigmaticloner

Hello Craig, welcome to the group.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • panda14358

my unborn baby with pkd

hello im 25 and  we just recently found out my baby has PKD during my 23 weeks ultrasound with no amniotic fluid.Baby's heartbeat and movements are good. Me and my husband's sides doesnt have any history of PKD.Does anyone have the same experience? I am hoping and praying for any chances of survival.Any advice? or treatment to help my baby survive? Hoping someone could respond.Badly needing...
  • enigmaticloner

Traveling Pain

For the past few days and also in the past I've had times where my pain will travel from one area to another within a short amount of time. Does anyone else experience this? Pretty much most areas of my body albeit not at the same time. My head, neck, shoulders, arms, back, knees, and other parts. I don't even know what to call this but I'm sure there's a name for it. Anyone have an idea or been...