Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) Support Group

Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is a progressive, genetic disorder of the kidneys. It occurs in humans and other organisms. PKD is characterised by the presence of multiple cysts (polycystic) in both kidneys. The disease can also damage the liver, pancreas and rarely the heart and brain.

0 Online

any adults with arpkd doing okay?

My 3 month old son was born with autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease. He is doing okay at the moment. I try to find stuff online but it is all so grim. Are there any adults with autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease who are doing okay? I need a little ray of hope on days I succumb to sadness. 

Replies

Chewitt
Chewitt

I can't think of anyone we've had in the group who has ARPKD. Have you tried the Facebook group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/20526281816/

I wish you well.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • PKDIL

Blood pressure meds?

Hi all,I wrote here about 6 months ago...i was very anxious and scared , diagnosed with pkd accidently (no symptoms)... my father was a very complicated case , died 2 years ago in 3rd transplant surgery(!). He had very big kidneys and very high blood pressure from young age.I feel better now mentally and Im optimistic.I'm 28.5 recently did an mri , my right kidney looks better than the left...
  • VerySad

Lisinipril and PKD

My son (29 years old) was diagnosed with PKD about 9 months ago.  His kidney function is fine.  His blood pressure is about 130/80.  His doctor is recommending Lisinipril to control blood pressure and help with cysts.  He is not experiencing any negative affects from PKD at this point.My husband is 67 and found out 9 months ago that he too has PKD.  His kidney function is fine.  He takes...