Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) Support Group

Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is a progressive, genetic disorder of the kidneys. It occurs in humans and other organisms. PKD is characterised by the presence of multiple cysts (polycystic) in both kidneys. The disease can also damage the liver, pancreas and rarely the heart and brain.

0 Online

any adults with arpkd doing okay?

My 3 month old son was born with autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease. He is doing okay at the moment. I try to find stuff online but it is all so grim. Are there any adults with autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease who are doing okay? I need a little ray of hope on days I succumb to sadness. 

Replies

Chewitt
Chewitt

I can't think of anyone we've had in the group who has ARPKD. Have you tried the Facebook group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/20526281816/

I wish you well.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Mewty

How to support someone with PKD

Hello everyone! I'm new here and don't know exactly how these posts work, but I'm here to reach out for advice...I do not have PKD but my boyfriend was diagnosed months ago with "the worst possible case" of this disease...he's been sick for well over a year before he was diagnosed. for all of you who have it..I'm sure you can all sympathize with him. He's 29 years old. His father, aunt, and uncle...
  • Donna2017

Little moan

I realise our am lucky only to have PKD. There are a lot of families dealing with worse diseases and illness.  My post is really vain and I feel like a phony posting on here. I am 37, I still have good renal function but my kidneys are quite huge now. Over the past 8 weeks I have been asked on several occasions about when my baby is due. I find people staring at my abdomen quite a lot. It is...