Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) Support Group

Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is a progressive, genetic disorder of the kidneys. It occurs in humans and other organisms. PKD is characterised by the presence of multiple cysts (polycystic) in both kidneys. The disease can also damage the liver, pancreas and rarely the heart and brain.

0 Online

Antidepressant?

Anybody on antidepressants?  Which one is okay for PKD pateints to use?  Thanks!

Replies

enigmaticloner
enigmaticloner

I don't take any but I would recommend talking to one of your doctors about which one is safe to use. I personally try to avoid taking most medications partially because of my PKD.
Chewitt
Chewitt

There have been plenty of people in this group taking anti depressants over the years. I don't know whether there are any at the moment, though. This is from 2010. It seems Zoloft is OK with kidney disease.
https://www.dailystrength.org/group/polycystic-kidney-disease-pkd/discussion/antidepressa_65

Good luck.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Dekker

health concerns as an adult with scoliosis

Hi. I am currenty 40years of age and was born with scoliosis. I've had numerous operations through out the years(as a youth)qne have a herrington rod in my back. . I've had good health up til about 5 years ago when I started having asthma like symptoms as well as they noticed my heart murmur is getting louder. I will also be getting a electrocardiogram in two weeks. I have been healthy up til...
  • itzz_kmhill

Is scoliosis causing knee pain ??

I'm 13 and have only been  diagnosed with scoliosis for almost a year . These last few days I've been having really bad knee pain . Is this because of having scoliosis or is it something else ? Please help me out ..