Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) Support Group

Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) is a progressive, genetic disorder of the kidneys. It occurs in humans and other organisms. PKD is characterised by the presence of multiple cysts (polycystic) in both kidneys. The disease can also damage the liver, pancreas and rarely the heart and brain.

0 Online

Antidepressant?

Anybody on antidepressants?  Which one is okay for PKD pateints to use?  Thanks!

Replies

enigmaticloner
enigmaticloner

I don't take any but I would recommend talking to one of your doctors about which one is safe to use. I personally try to avoid taking most medications partially because of my PKD.
Chewitt
Chewitt

There have been plenty of people in this group taking anti depressants over the years. I don't know whether there are any at the moment, though. This is from 2010. It seems Zoloft is OK with kidney disease.
https://www.dailystrength.org/group/polycystic-kidney-disease-pkd/discussion/antidepressa_65

Good luck.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • panda14358

my unborn baby with pkd

hello im 25 and  we just recently found out my baby has PKD during my 23 weeks ultrasound with no amniotic fluid.Baby's heartbeat and movements are good. Me and my husband's sides doesnt have any history of PKD.Does anyone have the same experience? I am hoping and praying for any chances of survival.Any advice? or treatment to help my baby survive? Hoping someone could respond.Badly needing...
  • enigmaticloner

Traveling Pain

For the past few days and also in the past I've had times where my pain will travel from one area to another within a short amount of time. Does anyone else experience this? Pretty much most areas of my body albeit not at the same time. My head, neck, shoulders, arms, back, knees, and other parts. I don't even know what to call this but I'm sure there's a name for it. Anyone have an idea or been...